About This File
High poly heads for all playable vanilla races based on the vanilla head meshes (male and female). A simple name for a not-so-simple mod. Available for both LE and SE.
- smooth high poly male and female heads
- complementary high poly brows, beards, and scars to fit new head shape
- includes morphs for RaceMenu's extended sliders
- compatible with vanilla-based head textures
- compatible with existing presets for the vanilla male/female head meshes (excluding sculpt data)
- optional support for Expressive Facial Animation
- RaceMenu (LE, SE)
- Expressive Facial Animation Male Edition (LE, SE) [optional]
- Expressive Facial Animation Female Edition (LE, SE) [optional]
- 00 - Base mod (required)
- 01 - Loose files needed for FaceGen creation in the Creation Kit (optional)
- 02 - adds Expressive Facial Animation Male edition (optional)
- 03 - adds Expressive Facial Animation Female edition (optional)
- 04 - remove sunken vampire face morphs (optional)
- 05 - symmetrical eye sockets (female) (optional)
- 06 - vampire head fix (optional)
- For the player character, use the Face Part slider in RaceMenu to switch to the high poly head. If the head turns dark, change the player weight to force the skin shader to update. Don't forget to also change the vanilla brows/beard/scars to the included high poly versions.
- For NPC/follower mods, add this mod as a master, swap the vanilla head parts with the high poly version, then generate new FaceGen data (Ctrl + F4) in the Creation Kit.
- minor clipping with certain vanilla hair meshes
- scars appear darker than vanilla in SE
- changing to vampire race will reset the high poly head back to vanilla
- 3DS Max
- Animation Tools N2
- You may use this mod for your NPC/follower mods that will be shared with others.
- You may add extra RaceMenu morphs.
- You are not allowed to modify (in part or in whole) and claim it in its entirety as your own.
- You are not allowed to reupload this mod to other sites.
For other usage not mentioned, please ask me first.
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
- added high poly Khajiit head meshes (male and female)
- added high poly Argonian head meshes (male and female)
added custom Head Shape preset slider (in the Head tab) for Argonian male
- Head Shape preset 1 is based on Brutish Argonian Male
- added vanilla male Argonian hair to fit this head shape
- added optional vampire head fix to prevent high poly head from reverting back to vanilla when changing to a vampire race
- made a minor adjustment to the male head High Elf race morph
Note: Skin shader values for high poly head meshes were copied from body meshes for consistency. The argonian female high poly head is noticeably more shiny than the vanilla head mesh.