About This File
High poly heads for all playable vanilla races based on the vanilla head meshes (male and female). A simple name for a not-so-simple mod. Available for both LE and SE.
- smooth high poly male and female heads
- complementary high poly brows, beards, and scars to fit new head shape
- includes morphs for RaceMenu's extended sliders
- compatible with vanilla-based head textures
- compatible with existing presets for the vanilla male/female head meshes (excluding sculpt data)
- RaceMenu (LE, SE)
- Expressive Facegen Morphs (LE, SE) [optional]
- Expressive Facial Animation Male Edition (LE, SE) [optional]
- Expressive Facial Animation Female Edition (LE, SE) [optional]
- Use a mod manager and follow the install script for easy installation.
- 00 - Base mod (required)
- 01 - Loose files needed for FaceGen creation in the Creation Kit (optional)
- 02 - no Dawnguard DLC (optional)
- 03 - vampire head fix (optional)
- 04 - remove sunken vampire face morphs (optional)
- 05 - symmetrical eye sockets (female) (optional)
- 06 - adds Aesthetic Elves (optional)
- 07 - adds Expressive Facegen Morphs (optional)
- 08 - adds Expressive Facial Animation Male edition (optional)
- 09 - adds Expressive Facial Animation Female edition (optional)
- For the player character, use the Face Part slider in RaceMenu to switch to the high poly head. If the head turns dark, change the player weight to force the skin shader to update. Don't forget to also change the vanilla brows/beard/scars to the included high poly versions.
- For NPC/follower mods, add this mod as a master, swap the vanilla head parts with the high poly version, then generate new FaceGen data (Ctrl + F4) in the Creation Kit.
- minor clipping with certain vanilla hair meshes
- eyes/scars appear darker than vanilla in SE. can be fixed by changing player weight.
- changing to vampire race will reset the high poly head back to vanilla
- eye mesh may have flickering/rendering issue after switching to high poly head. can be fixed by closing RaceMenu and opening it again.
- 3DS Max
- Animation Tools N2
You may use this mod for your NPC/follower mods that will be shared with others.
- For clarification, these NPC/follower mods may be uploaded to other sites.
- You may add extra RaceMenu morphs.
- You are not allowed to modify (in part or in whole) and claim it in its entirety as your own.
- You are not allowed to reupload this mod to other sites.
For other usage not mentioned, please ask me first.
What's New in Version 1.3 See changelog
- added support for Aesthetic Elves
- added support for Expressive Facegen Morphs
- added an alternative .esm file that doesn't require Dawnguard DLC (head meshes for vampires and Snow Elf race were removed)
- added Vampire Lord race to the optional vampire fix
- fixed issue with scars and orc horns not appearing in LE version