Jump to content
  • Create an account

    Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

About This File

This is a modified version of SAM that removes dependencies on scripts and .esp to allow the genitals to show when fully nude by resizing and placing the genital texture on the body texture layout.  As a result, body morphs are not supported.  It's a basic body replacer along the same lines as Better Males and SOS Light.  Compatible with classic Skyrim and Special Edition.

This mod is not an official release of SAM.  Therefore, if you encounter any issues with it, please do not contact Vector about them.

Difference between full SAM

  • Lightweight due to no scripts or .esp used
  • No body morphs*
  • No dynamic body type and genital adjustments
  • No dynamic body texture options
  • Revealing armor with "SAMRevealing" node not supported
  • Werewolf and Vampire Lord not supported

*morph functionality can be added with SAM Morphs for RaceMenu

Installation

If using a mod manager, just follow the installer.

Manual installation

  • 00 and 01 are required for core functionality.
  • 02 Genital Option - Select between Cut, Uncut, or Underwear (non-nude) version
  • 03 Human Body Texture - Select one body texture for human races
  • 04 Khajiit Body Texture - Select one body texture for Khajiit race

Custom Textures

If you'd like to use your own body textures, use the layout template to resize and align the genital correctly.
Base texture 2k, resize genital texture to 256x256
Base texture 4k, resize genital texture to 512x512
Align genital texture in the green box, create selection mask with the green color, and delete the selection.

Due to genital texture resizing, minor texture seams may be visible.

Regarding Refits

Armor refits are not required for basic functionality.  They're only needed if you use SAM Morphs for RaceMenu and want the morph features.

Credit goes to Vector for the creation of Shape Atlas for Men.


What's New in Version 1.3   See changelog

Released

  • fixed seams on the neck and armpits on normal maps
  • added modified 1st person skeleton to fix crashes with High Elf and Wood Elf races
  • added support for Afflicted and Vampire races
  • Like 49
  • Hmm… 1
  • Hot 2
  • Hyper! 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5



User Feedback

Recommended Comments



1 hour ago, JSnow said:

Would it be possible for this to work with SOS? I followed this small guide from loverslab and I tried separating the underwear and genital meshes from the main "_0" and "_1" bodies through nifskope to replace the SOS meshes, but the underwear and genitals are invisible in-game. 

Theres no need to have SOS-light active with this, its basically the same thing except different mesh and skin.  A holdover until some more dependencies are available.  That said, SOS may be a quicker refactor for SSE, since its dll is simpler.  Still, I dont know who has the source code for the SOS dll, is that Vector too?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, infiniteone said:

Theres no need to have SOS-light active with this, its basically the same thing except different mesh and skin.  A holdover until some more dependencies are available.  That said, SOS may be a quicker refactor for SSE, since its dll is simpler.  Still, I dont know who has the source code for the SOS dll, is that Vector too?

You misunderstood me, I was trying to replace the meshes from the SOS Full version, with the meshes of SAM Light. Though I'm still getting a see-through hole in my character's crotch.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JSnow said:

You misunderstood me, I was trying to replace the meshes from the SOS Full version, with the meshes of SAM Light. Though I'm still getting a see-through hole in my character's crotch.

SOS Full version will not work until ported, it has a 32bit .dll, insta CTD.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, infiniteone said:

SOS Full version will not work until ported, it has a 32bit .dll, insta CTD.

I don't play on SSE.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JSnow said:

Would it be possible for this to work with SOS? I followed this small guide from loverslab and I tried separating the underwear and genital meshes from the main "_0" and "_1" bodies through nifskope to replace the SOS meshes, but the underwear and genitals are invisible in-game. 

That guide is meant to use (full) SOS as the base and replace its assets with (full) SAM's meshes/textures.  The result is (full) SOS functionality (MCM menu + genital options + showing/hiding genital when equipping/unequipping) while using the SAM body + genital meshes instead.  If that's your intention, then you need to use (full) SAM instead of SAM Light.

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Thank you for your refined version of SAM - light. 

I have tested it, and found one only possible oversight in your new package so far: 

the body normal map of the elder race people like Greybeards

(malebody_1_msn.dds in textures>actors>character>maleold) has not included,  

so their privates would become some grey half-transparent one 

(tested/ confirmed with Jouane Manette in Roriksted). 

 

I'm not sure whether this problem had been inherent in SAM (full) (seemed so),

but anyway I made a quick fix, by combining your texture UVMAP and Better Male - Sundracon

elder race normal map that can be used freely (with due credit), and attached below.

If you don't mind, could you incorporated it in the next update of this package? 

saml_elder_normal.7z

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for that.  To avoid mixing files, I used the original SAM textures.  There are definately missing normal maps not covered by SAM.  I figured fixes to SAM (full) should be adapted to SAM Light as an addon to avoid confusion and compatiblity issues.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

If i wanted increased resolution or texture details, what combination could i use with this?

Temperred skins?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andizzzzy said:

If i wanted increased resolution or texture details, what combination could i use with this?

Temperred skins?

Any SAM skins will do, but you need to move the schlong into the main body texture just like it is here with this mod.

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! I'm new here and was hoping if it's okay if I ask. How do you move the schlong into your own body texture? I know there are instructions on the mod description but I'm not exactly sure on how to go about them. I'm using GIMP since I have no Photoshop. I apologize if I don't quite understand how this all works. It's my first time editing textures. :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2018 at 9:31 AM, Almond said:

Hi! I'm new here and was hoping if it's okay if I ask. How do you move the schlong into your own body texture? I know there are instructions on the mod description but I'm not exactly sure on how to go about them. I'm using GIMP since I have no Photoshop. I apologize if I don't quite understand how this all works. It's my first time editing textures. :)

While I don't have much experience with GIMP, the process is relatively the same.  Make sure you have the GIMP DDS plugin.  If your base body texture is 2k (2048x2048), resize the genital texture to 256x256.  If your base body texture is 4k (4096x4096), resize the genital texture to 512x512.

  • Use your base body texture as the bottom layer (don't load mipmaps).
  • Load the corresponding layout template into a layer above that.
  • Copy and paste the resized genital texture into a 3rd layer (after pasting, right click on its layer and select "To New Layer").
  • Move the genital texture until it fits perfectly into the green box of the layout template.
  • Temporarily hide the genital layer.
  • Select the layout template layer to make it active and use the fuzzy select tool (threshold 1.0, antialiasing off) on the green color.
  • Select the genital texture layer (don't forget to unhide it) and press delete.  This will get rid of excess area around the genitals.
  • You can now delete the layout template layer.
  • If everything looks good, merge the layers before exporting to .DDS.

For export options, compression: BC1 (or none) and mipmaps: generate mipmaps.  If you're exporting a normal map (_msn), I recommend using no compression to keep the finer details intact.  Compression will make odd bumps and artifacts appear on the skin during gameplay.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 6:49 AM, KouLeifoh said:

While I don't have much experience with GIMP, the process is relatively the same.  Make sure you have the GIMP DDS plugin.  If your base body texture is 2k (2048x2048), resize the genital texture to 256x256.  If your base body texture is 4k (4096x4096), resize the genital texture to 512x512.

  • Use your base body texture as the bottom layer (don't load mipmaps).
  • Load the corresponding layout template into a layer above that.
  • Copy and paste the resized genital texture into a 3rd layer (after pasting, right click on its layer and select "To New Layer").
  • Move the genital texture until it fits perfectly into the green box of the layout template.
  • Temporarily hide the genital layer.
  • Select the layout template layer to make it active and use the fuzzy select tool (threshold 1.0, antialiasing off) on the green color.
  • Select the genital texture layer (don't forget to unhide it) and press delete.  This will get rid of excess area around the genitals.
  • You can now delete the layout template layer.
  • If everything looks good, merge the layers before exporting to .DDS.

For export options, compression: BC1 (or none) and mipmaps: generate mipmaps.  If you're exporting a normal map (_msn), I recommend using no compression to keep the finer details intact.  Compression will make odd bumps and artifacts appear on the skin during gameplay.

Thank you so much for that detailed guide! And thank you for SAM Light too! :D

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for this! It looks amazing in Skyrim SE, definitely my favourite male body. Somehow I totally missed it in Oldrim. I ended up mashing up a few body textures for my own use (namely Skysight + Sam + Tempered), and my guys look amazing in game. I do have a question about vanilla clothes/armor meshes: I downloaded the meshes from the main Sam file and they work fine in SE, but on the 100 body size there is a neck gap for some meshes. Do you know if there's an easy fix? Or would I have to edit all those meshes anyway?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're using armor refits for SAM, some of them have neck gaps due to hasty conversions in bodyslide/outfit studio.  The quality varies, but the only real fix is to manually edit them in something like 3DS Max.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2018-04-18 at 4:27 PM, KouLeifoh said:

If you're using armor refits for SAM, some of them have neck gaps due to hasty conversions in bodyslide/outfit studio.  The quality varies, but the only real fix is to manually edit them in something like 3DS Max.

Ok thanks, I was afraid of that. I've started editing a few of the affected in Outfitstudio. It's not hard so far, just really tedious.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there! Is there any chance you could port the mod fully, or at the very least with morphing functionality? SKSE is fully ported now, same with Racemenu, pretty much every mod you can think of is working fine for SE. Every mod but this one. And the original creator seems to have gone into angry AWOL for whatever reason.

Please, i cant play without this mod, and at this point youre the only hope left! Would happily donate for that, even.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I mentioned before, SAM and RaceMenu rely on the NiOveride plugin.  The current release of NiOveride for SE (renamed to "skee") still doesn't support bodygen which is required for body morphs/overlays/etc.  There's nothing I can do about that.

With that being said, I don't have permission to distribute modified scripts from SAM's core.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently using Tempered Skins with SOS light for SSE, but SOS light still offers nothing but a male skeleton that has a huge ass (wide hips - fleshy butt - oversized thighs - see below).  I am *not* into females, therefore this doesn't work for me.  After fiddling with XPMSE and tweaking the body scales in Racemenu I managed to reduce everything to something acceptable.  Still, I've seen pictures of characters created with SAM and they had the narrow hips and bubbly butt of an athletic teenager, which is what I'm after.  So will this version allow me to achieve this?

 

Thanks in advance.

HAss1.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grallonsphere said:

I'm currently using Tempered Skins with SOS light for SSE, but SOS light still offers nothing but a male skeleton that has a huge ass (wide hips - fleshy butt - oversized thighs - see below).  I am *not* into females, therefore this doesn't work for me.  After fiddling with XPMSE and tweaking the body scales in Racemenu I managed to reduce everything to something acceptable.  Still, I've seen pictures of characters created with SAM and they had the narrow hips and bubbly butt of an athletic teenager, which is what I'm after.  So will this version allow me to achieve this?

You can try adjusting the body scales in RaceMenu to see if you can achieve the same thing with SAM Light.  If it's not possible, then those pictures most likely included a combination of Samson/Samuel morph values from the full SAM.

 

1 hour ago, redsupper said:

Thank you for this!

Is there any way to get a non nude version? Or create one?

For the non-nude version, you can simply install the full SAM without the .esp and scripts (or just grab malebody_0.nif and malebody_1.nif meshes for a cleaner install).  If enough people want it, I can add a non-nude version to the next update.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×