About This File
This is a high poly conversion of SAM meshes. The resulting meshes are smooth and contain around 4x the amount of vertices while still being usable for general gameplay. It started out as something for my own personal use, but I decided to share it with everyone. The current release covers body, hand, and feet meshes. Compatible with SAM and SAM Light.
High Poly Body Mesh
- high poly body for both SAM and SAM Light variants
- underwear was given high poly treatment
- there are some minor sharp edges on certain poses due to weights
- if you're on a low end system and worried about performance, stick with the default body mesh
High Poly Hand Mesh
- high poly hands for playable human and beast races
- overall shape is slightly slimmer due to mesh smoothing
- fingernails are shaped into the fingers along with optional fingernail textures to enhance details
High Poly Feet Mesh
- symmetrical feet meshes (original mesh had a smaller right foot)
- optional toenail mesh to enhance details even further
- toenail mesh v2 requires manual texture editing
- fingernails look fine using default textures but can be enhanced using the optional fingernail textures
- requires manual editing by copying and pasting the corresponding textures into the hand textures
Toenail Mesh Texture
- v1 mesh uses a separate texture for the toenails. Color won't change, but certain skin tones might make the toenails look out of place.
- v2 mesh requires the toenail texture to be on the same texture as the body. This allows the use of the skin shader to change the color of the toenails to match skin tone. Use the provided toenail texture resources to copy and paste the toenails into your body textures.
If using a mod manager, just follow the installer.
- 00 - high poly body mesh, select between SAM or SAM Light (cut or uncut)
- 01 - high poly hand mesh
- 02 - feet mesh, select between high poly feet with or without toenail meshes
Credit goes to Vector for the creation of Shape Atlas for Men.
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
- remade the hand meshes, added fingernails, and improved vertex weights (fingers now bend properly)
- updated skinning data for the body, hand, and feet meshes to remove possible mesh seams along the wrists, ankles, groin, and neck areas
- removed the low poly feet meshes (still available in the old versions but no longer supported going forward)