Jump to content
  • Create an account

    Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
DovahKya

Refit Request or Help

Recommended Posts

Hi, It's the first time that I post something here.

I love trying to make things but I still have a lot to learn. A month ago I watched the anime "Dororo" and I felt in love with the character Hyakkimaru, so I decided that I want him as a follower ^^''.
I've created the follower using the SAM body, I've also made custom textures for body and eyes (nothing special but, well, It's just for me and as I said I'm still learning), The follower it works perfectly, I just miss an armor for him.

I've found this:  http://skyrimmodshighlights.blogspot.com/2019/04/ros-dororo.html
I've tried to convert it by myself following the guide found here on the forum, but when on nifscope, I try to paste branches between SAM body and the new outfit Nifscope says:"failed to map parent link BSFadeNode|SAM", so I'm stuck here.

I've initially thought the problem was becouse I've cut arm parts to make them better fit with the blades (it's a part of the armor mod), then I used the normal body withouth making changes, I've tried with the normal body and also with the high poly one, but same result, CTD.

Now I wonder if someone have time to refit this outfit for me or if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong, because it's like 4 days that I'm stuck at this point. Hope that you can help me.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you got the hard part knocked out. Nifskope is just picky over arbitrary things one might think it wouldnt be and its annoying. Unable to map parent link means a string. Thats it. The target nif you want to copy over simply has to have that string somewhere as a node name and then its happy. So whatever its parent name is just create a node over there of the same name then it should paste. If the parent has no name, give it one real quick first. Have to do that with facegens for example since they dont have a root name

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeutronSphere said:

Sounds like you got the hard part knocked out. Nifskope is just picky over arbitrary things one might think it wouldnt be and its annoying. Unable to map parent link means a string. Thats it. The target nif you want to copy over simply has to have that string somewhere as a node name and then its happy. So whatever its parent name is just create a node over there of the same name then it should paste. If the parent has no name, give it one real quick first. Have to do that with facegens for example since they dont have a root name

Thx, I will try tomorrow, I'll let you know. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ti very much, I solved the problem with nif!

Now I have another issue 😅. I continued to follow the tutorial, I did everything that needed to be done, but now when I wear the armor I istantly CTD... So...  idk what I did wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure the root is NiNode. BSFade root for armature = Instant CTD. Cant hurt to reorder link arrays too. That can rarely cause it as well

Assuming all bones are mapped no blanks thats all I can think of

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 7:37 AM, NeutronSphere said:

Make sure the root is NiNode. BSFade root for armature = Instant CTD. Cant hurt to reorder link arrays too. That can rarely cause it as well

Assuming all bones are mapped no blanks thats all I can think of

Ok I DID IT! Sry for the delay, but I just finished it now...

I just tilted and I started everything from the begin, i'm not sure about what was the problem but maybe the skeleton (maybe I've selected the wrong one from bodyslide(?)).Now it works and I've putted it on my follower.

Ty so much for your support, I've learned from your tips.
I'll let the conversion down here, it's my first SAM conevrsion and it's not perfect but maybe it will be usefull to someone.

 

Link to the original mod: http://skyrimmodshighlights.blogspot.com/2019/04/ros-dororo.html

Dororo SAM Conversion.rar

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, do you have a pic of your now-finished Hyakkimaru Follower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, akalor said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have a pic of your now-finished Hyakkimaru Follower?

Sorry for the delay, I've passed last days making an archive of all my mods, and fixing things. Btw as I said is nothing special but I like it :3. I helped myself using bochu race to try to give him a more like anime appearance. Hope to improve him one day. That's the result:

 

Spoiler

20200422205738_1.thumb.jpg.2cac3093e8090acf9f37692dce60540c.jpg20200422210422_1.thumb.jpg.eadf038cfe1439b96a9aa99d9e554239.jpg20200422214005_1.thumb.jpg.cebbace2cbe01ef7d6467d15a1a16fc3.jpg20200422214145_1.thumb.jpg.3e83e6da4d46eeaec7e83b6d786b2278.jpg20200422211947_1.thumb.jpg.a3415552a1429ddd53c646dcb0ec81ed.jpg20200422210122_1.thumb.jpg.a5f536a9dfe06fb6bc744509a1eb104b.jpg20200422210027_1.thumb.jpg.e4800b99efc33c7abba1ba814f676d14.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DovahKya said:

Sorry for the delay, I've passed last days making an archive of all my mods, and fixing things. Btw as I said is nothing special but I like it :3. I helped myself using bochu race to try to give him a more like anime appearance. Hope to improve him one day. That's the result:

 

  Hide contents

20200422205738_1.thumb.jpg.2cac3093e8090acf9f37692dce60540c.jpg20200422210422_1.thumb.jpg.eadf038cfe1439b96a9aa99d9e554239.jpg20200422214005_1.thumb.jpg.cebbace2cbe01ef7d6467d15a1a16fc3.jpg20200422214145_1.thumb.jpg.3e83e6da4d46eeaec7e83b6d786b2278.jpg20200422211947_1.thumb.jpg.a3415552a1429ddd53c646dcb0ec81ed.jpg20200422210122_1.thumb.jpg.a5f536a9dfe06fb6bc744509a1eb104b.jpg20200422210027_1.thumb.jpg.e4800b99efc33c7abba1ba814f676d14.jpg

 

 

I'd say it looks pretty great though :D (I'm sad Bochu Race doesnt rlly work with Skyrim SE+ Sam Light @[email protected] ) So i play Khajiit on Skyrim SE and a kinda demonic twink on Oldrim haha 

Skyrim20200224 16.51.33.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, akalor said:

I'd say it looks pretty great though :D (I'm sad Bochu Race doesnt rlly work with Skyrim SE+ Sam Light @[email protected] ) So i play Khajiit on Skyrim SE and a kinda demonic twink on Oldrim haha 

Skyrim20200224 16.51.33.jpg

Uhhh, he's very nice looking! Didn't know bochu race doesn't work on SE :/. I always used oldrim, I have SE but never used. I always wanted to start using it so I can play both, but I need a new hard disk to do that. Currently my modded Skyrim + my mods archive is like about 300 gb.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...