• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
Sit

Need Help : Modding | Purple Texture on New Outfit

I don't know much about modding. I learned how to use Blender 2.8 for sculpting meshes.
I was eventually able to get the .nif file and gave it some materials by using Nifskope
Then I put the .nif file in OutfitStudio and merge it with BaseBody for testing... aaaand it didn't work in game. It's showed up a very bright purple with a little glow to it and that's not my texture

I don't know what else I have to do to make the mesh show its textures

Here Is what I did...

1. Sculpt the model in Blender 2.8
2. UV unwrap and test the layout (it seemed to work fine)
Please-work-1.thumb.png.0683fb31924eacc6e353d26007b483ed.png

3. Export the model to .obj file
4. Import the .obj file into OutfitStudio
5. Export the meshes to .nif file
6. Give the .nif file some meterials by using Nifskope
7. Put it back in OutfitStudio and merge it with BaseBody (the texture seems to be fine in the OutfitStudio)
Please-work-2.thumb.png.32ae8e138b5b2f592605fc9bf761e3bf.png

8. Add some sliders and weights (copy from BaseBody)
9. Build the .nif and test it out in the game...  aaaand... it didn't work *sad noises*
Jockstrap-Texture-Failed.thumb.png.0ac99486a24120fe40a80aec02f39441.png

Would be great if anyone can tell me what I did wrong or what I am missing.
(If it's too hard I would just give up 😂)

• Like 1

Please dont give up, you are doing great 😄
Think you can send me your files so i can check them for you? maybe you missed something that i cant tell with the details you gave.

• Thanks 1

Alright @Sit. It seems you've forgotten to include the Materials folder with the material related to your nif:
image.png.b7bf476ad998d4dfd1789e01e2cf8d63.png

@Ulfberth  I thought that you would add a material yourself to see if it'll work, so I didn't send you the material file.

I believe I had the material in my game, that's why the texture showed up in OutfitStudio

My problem is that it's not showing in the game

Posted (edited)

okay @Sit i think i found your problem. It seems you need to create a subfolder for each files in your mod. For example; you dropped the texture in the root Texture folder, the .nif in the root Meshes folder and the material perhaps, in the root Materials Folder.
One thing you can do is creating a sub folder named Jockstrap and drop those files in there like:
Textures/Jockstrap/Texture files here
Materials/Jockstrap/Jockstrap.bgsm
Meshes/Jockstrap/Jockstrap.nif

Ofc you want to update the reference since you moved the materials, texture and .nif. If you made a plugin to have it standalone, you want to update the path in plugin as well.

image.thumb.png.a775e018b577888d7828accf5e60105e.png

i gonna send you an packed file with the changes i told above just so you can have an idea what i mean.

Edited by Ulfberth
  • Thanks 1

@Ulfberth first of all, I'm so sorry I'm so stupid but it's still not working for me 😭

I tested your files and it works but when I try to do the same it turned out purple again

I use all of the files you gave me but change the nif to the one I want to give the texture to
and it's the same problem... the texture is fine in Nifskope/Bodyslide but it's purple in game
Feels-bad-cant-get-this-to-work.thumb.png.26c836e332f77db256577b4a838e871e.png

now that I have textures and material in the right path, it's still not working in game
so I figured that there's a problem with my .nif file which I don't know how to fix

I'll send you your files which I change the .nif
please check them for me again 🙏

Hey @Sit it seems the problem this time was with your .nif for sure. I couldnt find exactly what was wrong with your nif, so i just reimported everything to Outfit Studio and exported hoping Outfit Studio should fix it which actually did it!!!

Im sending you the archive with the fixed version

@Ulfberth I've found the solution...

in Nifskope, I need to give a new mesh a different BSLightingShaderProperty before linking its material file

seems to be working alright. now I can focus on making a proper model

Thank you so much for helping 😀

Uh yeah... That shouldve been done in outfit studio but ok, glad you found the culprit.