• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

jdronk

How To Make a Custom race Sam Compatible

So I decided to write this Quick tutorial on how to make a Custom race SAM compatiable.

Note that this is only for the schlong and the body morphs to hopefully have full functionality.

Hopefully this works out, in all honesty whenever I did this I just tested my way through and got a result in the end.

How To Make a Custom race Sam Compatible.docx

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ntut said:

can you tell what program you used?

It's the Creation Kit, you can find it on Steam.

• Like 1

Hey, so I... kind of tried to use this guide, and I only got so far as to load the mods into the creation kit before it just up and crashed on me. Is there any other way to pull this off? Some TES5edit method that can do a similar or same thing? Because I really need to be able to apply the SAM body type to custom races...

2 hours ago, Agrannd said:

Hey, so I... kind of tried to use this guide, and I only got so far as to load the mods into the creation kit before it just up and crashed on me. Is there any other way to pull this off? Some TES5edit method that can do a similar or same thing? Because I really need to be able to apply the SAM body type to custom races...

Hi! Sorry im not familiar with TES5edit, I Think you should try to figure out why the Creation kit is crashing for you. Perhaps google could help?

OH! It looks fine!

So, I have an elementary question about it.

Why could you select malegenitalskhajiit and assign it into Biped Model though you didn't set SAM.esp as a master? 

Edited by Kyoshi

6 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

OH! It looks fine!

So, I have an elementary question about it.

Why could you select malegenitalskhajiit and assign it into Biped Model though you didn't set SAM.esp as a master? 

Because the Malegenitalskhajiit are located in the meshes folder of the game. The SAM.esp is not required.

If you create a new mod, a race mod for example with it's own meshes you have to manually Place the meshes you want to use in corresponding folders and search for them in your skyrim folder..

for instance \Data\Meshes\"MyCustomRace"\ folder where "MyCustomRace.

Hey, I could add SAM genitals meshes to new race. But, I couldn't apply textures of genitals, SAM_SkinMaleGenitals, to it. How can I solve it?

Edit: I've applied texture of SAM_SkinMaleGenitals to it with editing by TES5Edit. So, now I can erect his genitals but can't scale its size larger or smaller because SAM doesn't recognize him as SAM compatible race so far.

Can I solve the issue with CustomRace?

Edited by Kyoshi

3 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Hey, I could add SAM genitals meshes to new race. But, I couldn't apply textures of genitals, SAM_SkinMaleGenitals, to it. How can I solve it?

Edit: I've applied texture of SAM_SkinMaleGenitals to it with editing by TES5Edit. So, now I can erect his genitals but can't scale its size larger or smaller because SAM doesn't recognize him as SAM compatible race so far.

Can I solve the issue with CustomRace?

I've never applied texture. It does that on its own.

For instance, when you set the  ActorproxyKhajiit SAM will recognize the race as khajiit and apply the textures that the khajiit are using automaticlly. No need to apply them manually.

2 hours ago, jdronk said:

I've never applied texture. It does that on its own.

For instance, when you set the  ActorproxyKhajiit SAM will recognize the race as khajiit and apply the textures that the khajiit are using automaticlly. No need to apply them manually.

Maybe, my ActorProxyNord doesn't work properly.

Could you tell me more detail of below sentence of step 3 in your manual?

"In the Keywords tab click add and search for “ActorProxyKhajiit” add it to the list."

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Maybe, my ActorProxyNord doesn't work properly.

Could you tell me more detail of below sentence of step 3 in your manual?

"In the Keywords tab click add and search for “ActorProxyKhajiit” add it to the list."

I dont really know how I could explain it more in detail. What race are you trying to convert?

On 2017/4/30 at 1:36 AM, jdronk said:

I dont really know how I could explain it more in detail. What race are you trying to convert?

Thank you so much!

Today, I played skyrim then my lovely follower got SAM's full functionality.

Have some problems..when I doing the " NakedGenitals" part,just can't  select the custom race,after I click OK and reopen the window,they still unselected.

1.jpg.a8058e84d2593a7cfe1a5c3b4e00cd31.jpg

:(After other steps,underwear still here

2.jpg.d3aca1d81e0244b23bc2a28243c4dc8b.jpg

In game,if I equip a SAM body slot armor,I have a SAM body,otherwise a default custom race body with underwear,no schlong.

3.jpg.92b0a2a97afc4c38dae8686edd633c20.jpg

That is the Ronzo race from Final Fantasy 10.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57861/?tab=description&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D57861%26preview%3D&pUp=1

would be the mod. Though could never get permission from them to make a S.A.M patch for it. They don't speak english well and I am not sure on what their main language is.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:13 AM, VegaChou said:

In game,if I equip a SAM body slot armor,I have a SAM body,otherwise a default custom race body with underwear,no schlong.

From what I understand, you need to replace the custom race's (naked) body with SAM's or something compatible.  You can use meshes + textures in the SOS patch for that custom race as a starting point.  Keep in mind that you need to rename the genital NiTriShape mesh to SAMGenitals to have it work with SAM scripts.

9 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

From what I understand, you need to replace the custom race's (naked) body with SAM's or something compatible.  You can use meshes + textures in the SOS patch for that custom race as a starting point.  Keep in mind that you need to rename the genital NiTriShape mesh to SAMGenitals to have it work with SAM scripts.

Thanks for your advice,I'll have a try....meshes and textures stuff is a little too much for me

On 3/7/2018 at 3:31 AM, VegaChou said:

Thanks for your advice,I'll have a try....meshes and textures stuff is a little too much for me

Did you resolve this? I have the same issue but I've already replaced the Meshes and Textures with the SAM ones.

Race appears with the right body and textures and with Schlong from SOS (as I am using SOS for their junk and SAM for their bodies) but with SAM underwear.

2 hours ago, Fel558 said:

Did you resolve this? I have the same issue but I've already replaced the Meshes and Textures with the SAM ones.

Race appears with the right body and textures and with Schlong from SOS (as I am using SOS for their junk and SAM for their bodies) but with SAM underwear.

Haha,I gave up

9 hours ago, VegaChou said:

Haha,I gave up

Oh well, me neither.

I just ended up changing his race to Redguard. Lost some appearance but, oh well.