• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
TheOnionKnight

Editing SAM Malebody Weights

I was wondering what is the process to editing the body weights of malebody_0/1, I wanted to edit the belly weights as they are a little odd at larger sizes I've been able to edit it fine in bodyslide but I'm not sure bout the exporting, the first time resulted in some problems with the SAM scaling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) 

Spoiler

Old

malebody-old.jpg

Newer

malebody-newer.jpg

Edited by TheOnionKnight
  • Like 1

It looks like you're using my HDT body mod for SAM.  As mentioned elsewhere, the bone weight in the first image is intentional.  HDT weighted bones are sensitive to movement.  The 2nd image might work for a full Samuel morph, but it doesn't look good for other body sizes.  They all share the same bone weights, so a compromise must be made.  Also, it was never my intention to have them scaled via bone size.  Doing so will distort the mesh even further.

First off, Thanks for mod :) Really opens up the opportunity for more things that require HDT bodies.

That's understandable, I merely was wondering bout the process. I did actually want to edit it for use with a full samuel morph to use such things like Soul gem oven and Fill her up, i understand it may not look great but just wanted to try.
The scaling issue was not with your one, it was the altered one I messed around with, the naked skin wasn't scaling to samson/samuel at all, I assume cause I didn't export it properly which was my main the question.

Again thanks for the great mod to begin with

On 2017-4-29 at 3:54 AM, TheOnionKnight said:

First off, Thanks for mod :) Really opens up the opportunity for more things that require HDT bodies.

That's understandable, I merely was wondering bout the process. I did actually want to edit it for use with a full samuel morph to use such things like Soul gem oven and Fill her up, i understand it may not look great but just wanted to try.
The scaling issue was not with your one, it was the altered one I messed around with, the naked skin wasn't scaling to samson/samuel at all, I assume cause I didn't export it properly which was my main the question.

Again thanks for the great mod to begin with

Usually, clicking on the part you want to change, like how you have the belly selected there, will allow you to "paint" on it. The colour goes from blue to red depending on how strong the "paint" or "effect" is. If you want the belly to stand out less, going to "Spine (Lower)" and holding alt whilst clicking on the belly should lighten it to blue. 

On 5/25/2017 at 8:33 AM, BruBearBrown said:

Usually, clicking on the part you want to change, like how you have the belly selected there, will allow you to "paint" on it. The colour goes from blue to red depending on how strong the "paint" or "effect" is. If you want the belly to stand out less, going to "Spine (Lower)" and holding alt whilst clicking on the belly should lighten it to blue. 

Was all ok with that part of things, was mainly the exporting that I have trouble with :) 

When I exported it last time it didnt have the right nodes for SAM, I saw someone who was editing it but didnt go into to many details past the painting

On 4/27/2017 at 10:42 PM, TheOnionKnight said:

I was wondering what is the process to editing the body weights of malebody_0/1, I wanted to edit the belly weights as they are a little odd at larger sizes I've been able to edit it fine in bodyslide but I'm not sure bout the exporting, the first time resulted in some problems with the SAM scaling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) 

Reveal hidden contents

Old

malebody-old.jpg

Newer

malebody-newer.jpg

So while continuing to work on my SAM Collisions (really it should be SAM distortions) I found out how to do this:

1st you need to open body slide, then outfit studio
        Then you need to go under file --> then import from .nif
 Find your body  malebody_0 or malebody _1

then you can use the weight brush on a particular bone

You'll have to keep the bone selected

Then you go under the option on the menu bar "shape" ---> then "copy bone weights"
Then "transfer selected weights"

Finally you'll need to go back under the "file" option on the menu bar
     Then select "Export"
   Then under that menu "Export to .nif with reference"

You'll have your newly edited weights

I've attached my edits for reference

malebody.tri

malebody_0.nif

malebody_1.nif

Edited by DarkIbis
Added more info