• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

kajiokami

SAM Causing Crashes at College of Winterhold?

Hey all, 

I've been having some issues over the past few days where all of a sudden I've been having CTDs only around the College of Winterhold.

I went through, updated my load order with LOOT, disabled all mods and went through one by one on a clean save and tried to find out what mod was causing the issues (only having RaceMenu, SKSE, and SkyUI active at all times), as I'd completed the whole CoW Questline in my main save file like four months ago.

As it turns out, SAM was the only one causing the CTDs, but I have no idea why. Still, it's really strange that it's only acting up now after so long. 

Has anyone else been having similar issues or have any ideas about how to fix this problem?

It only happens when I attempt to enter/leave the Halls of Attainment, Elements, and Countenance, but nowhere else (The Midden, Midden Dark, Archmage's Quarters, Arcanaeum, and grounds). I did try to change the texture quality from HD to SD for SAM, as that was all I could think of, and that seemed to help at first, but unfortunately it did not last more than a couple of minutes. 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, BruBearBrown said:

Do you have the NPC scaling on for other characters? 

As it turns out, I did not have NPC scaling on for other characters. Instant CTD as soon as I went into the Hall of the Elements still. 

that's odd. I've done this quest line multiple times with SAM and haven't crashed doing it at all. I can't imagine what the problem might be there :|

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2018 at 7:26 PM, Cyrus said:

that's odd. I've done this quest line multiple times with SAM and haven't crashed doing it at all. I can't imagine what the problem might be there :|

hopefully someone can fix it

10 hours ago, KaijuUltima said:

hopefully someone can fix it

it's probably not going to get fixed by anyone considering it's something that only the two of you can reproduce. It's likely not an issue with SAM specifically but the combination of SAM with something else. Like as an example, another user here mentioned recently they solved their crashing issues with SAM by changing a setting in their crash fixes ini. If you want the problem to be solved, you may have to be willing to do some digging and testing yourself.

On 23/01/2018 at 9:54 PM, KaijuUltima said:

Estou tendo o mesmo problema

Mine was solved by disabling the texture for beasts, mine was giving trouble at whinterhold college and at Valkhirar castle.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:16 PM, marcokram said:

Mine was solved by disabling the texture for beasts, mine was giving trouble at whinterhold college and at Valkhirar castle.

ill try it