• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Abraham the Heavy

XSoldier bugs

Here are some that i found so far:

(when i put this * on a line it means that i will try to get a screenshot of that bug later on)

The trapezius on male characters have some clipping issues, this can be more noticed on civilians.*

Sometimes my soldier head becomes invisible for some seconds, mostly when the camera zooms on them while they are shooting, i am not sure if this happens on all the heads or just the one i am using on that specific soldier as i only saw that bug on one soldier until now.*

Some of the facial hair options disappeared.

Some of the hair options now clip through hats.*

Masks like the balaclava get a lot of clipping on the soldier faces.*

Number things so its easier, and if you want provide screenshots. Also bare in mind that there are still plenty of bugs, I'm aware of that, most are mostly because I havent had the time/patience to fix them

1. On the trapezius, you mean clip with what? Civilians are not supposed to get morphed at all, so I dont see what exactly you mean. Morphs are only applied to Soldiers.
  2. I'm aware of the disappearing head, and I know (well, have strong suspicions) what causes it. Its related to occlusion/draw distance, once I find how I can fix it I will. I can also disable that option while I don't figure it out.
  3. I got lazy with the facial hairs, specially because I dont use those, they look a bit crappy so I skipped and disabled them. Maybe some day I'll create their morphs, although the clipping issues should not be so serious, so you can edit the INI yourself if you want, and see how they look.
  4. Yes I'm aware of the hair vs hats things, I need to create specific meshes for that.
  5. Yes, some masks will require morphs redone, but here's why: In order to have all this to work, I had to discard all the vanilla heads, there would be no other way. Which means that I will need to recreate ALL head morphs again (or at least add some more variety). Thats why there are quite a few issues with head related props/stuff, because the vanilla stuff, was build for the vanilla head, and if I consider all the vanilla heads, I will have to recreate a grand total of 24 morphs (6x4 races). It's a hell of a job, and my initial priority was mainly to get some armor variety (one for each tier) 

Thanks for the quick reply, when you discarded all the vanilla heads you also discarded the ones that the civilians use right? if so that is probably what is causing them to clip as the trapezius is attached to the head part, i will try to get a screenshot of that clipping tomorrow as it is quite late here.

Is there no way to still have the vanilla heads on characters that have their weight set to zero? that would probably solve the civilian clipping and also let my skinny soldiers use their masks.

yes and no... its complicated to explain but... bottom line is: Since the patch, heads now get loaded 2 times... and what crashes it, when different meshes have a morph applied, and thats how heads work. It would be pointless for me to take that huge effort, because at some point, I'll rebuild the heads. I did told Ryan about this issue, unsure if he read it, but they probably didnt noticed this issue, because they were using the same mesh (the vanilla and the vanilla). The crashes occur, when there's a swap of the head, and the code is not prepared to handle that. I can fix that crash issue, but I wont do the heads thing, it will give me far too much unneccessary work. My civilians all work fine, if you have problems with yours, its probably being caused by some other mod that adds heads (like the unique heads from Central, Tygan and supersoldiers). If you disable such mod, you will almost certain have any issues with trapezius fixed... I'm still baffled though, until I see a screenshot, I'm not sure whats going on.

ah ok... that does make some sense I thought you meant something else. Basically, what is happening is that I also changed the weights a bit on the neck/traps, because in vanilla they bend very weirdly. When I get back to modding XCOM 2 I will fix that (I need to re-work the vanilla civilian outfits for that)

Hello. I have been using your mod for a bit now, and I've ran accross a major glitch/bug, though I don't know if others have run into it...

The glitch/bug is: When I do researches in the Shadow Chamber, I don't get notified when the project gets completed, and it pretty much doesn't do anything, like giving me the storyline missions and stuff.

Unless it's due to mod conflicts? Here's my list I use with XSoldier:

XSoldier
XSoldierOutfitLimiter
Starwars Helms
More Hair/Skin/Eyes/Armor/Weapon Colors
Xcom:EU/EW Ports: helmets
Overwatch - Soldier:76 VP
Storm Trooper VP
Clone Trooper VP
Cost Based Ability Colors
Show Health Values
Better Debug Camera

If QOL, helms and VPs are problems, I'd be kind of shocked.
Of course, If I somehow manage to fix this by myself, I'll share what I did.

I'm gonna do the oblivious: Only keep XSoldier with XsoldierOutfitLimiter until I do a shadow chamber project, and see how it goes.

If you've read this, thanks for your time.

So, I've found out what may be the cause of the problem. I have disabled the narrative content, and somehow, shadow chamber works perfectly fine in that playthrough.

I wanted to add this as an edit to my previous post, but it seems like I can't. Anyways, if you too run into this problem, don't enable DLC Missions at the start of a playthrough, if you want the game to be beatable.

Ok so I don't know if it is because I have all the DLC for Xcom 2 or not, but have a bit of a bug that when I turn the unit in the customize window it will cause the neck and with some outfits the arms to detach at the seam. The different body parts that make up the whole just seem to rotate at different speeds so they come apart. I know the outfits for the last DLC won't work since they have not been scaled for the new body, I am just not sure whats causing t he problem with the arms head and torso to move at different speeds in the rotation when your looking at the character in the customize window. If any one has any ideas that would be great. I mean its not a major thing since it does not seem to do it any other time. Its just kind of weird and bugs me when i'm trying to set up outfits lol.

Male rangers have their swords/axes glitching out when  you touch most of the settings in customize. Those weapons starting to float before unit instead of it's back and when you use melee attack with male unit in game it crashes. It will be okay in the nest load tho, since it will set weapon to default till next unit move (I basically turn all my rangers to women, which sucks cause I can't play with constant crashes). 

ALso yeah as dude mentioned before when you rotate soldier his head/neck is rotating with different speed (or something) and you can see seam where nec touches the shoulders. It's not very bad issue, in game you don't see this. But still 
Also some Tattoos using UV map strangely and most of them misplaced here and there on the body. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry to post here again (I've deleted my last two posts as I've reconciled the issues I ran into.  However, now I've been playing for a while, and I just built the Geurilla Training building.  There is no option to train my soldiers.  I currently have immersive off, but stat progression on.

Thanks for making this amazing Mod! I just started playing the game with it, and noticed an issue with Bradford's head

Here are the list of WoTc compatible mods I'm using, 

Gotcha Again
Advent Flashlights
Rewards Decks Refresh
New Promotional Screen by Default

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1