Jump to content
  • Create an account

    Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

HDT-SMP released for Skyrim Special Edition

Recommended Posts

For anyone interested, HDT-SMP was just released for Skyrim Special Edition.  That site is in chinese and you need to register and reply to that thread in order to see the download link.  It's easy to nagivate if you use something like Chrome to auto translate.

Unlike HDT-PE (based on Havok physics), HDT-SMP uses Bullet physics.  Development for HDT-PE halted once Intel stopped providing the Havok Content Tools for free.  Apparently, Havok was purchased by Microsoft around that time.

It took a bit of research, but I got HDT-SMP working with my HDT BBB body mod for SAM.  Since HDT-SMP is not the same as HDT-PE, new physics settings had to be used.  Also, the global configuration is based on shapes (meshes) instead of bones like HDT-PE.  I still need to tinker with the xml files to get the physics just right for the male body.

  • Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Hyper! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you care about collisions, it's better at it than HDT-PE.  It does collision detection with the triangles/vertices of a mesh rather than using primitive shapes like HDT-PE.  An example of this is having a long pony tail or cape correctly detect the body and accurately bounce off of it regardless of body size.

Also, if you mainly play SSE like me, there's really no other choice unless you just want the basic body physics done by the CBP mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you mainly play on Oldrim, I'd say stick to HDT-PE since it's required for RaceMenu/Nioverride anyway.  HDT-SMP provides better collision detection for equipment and hair, but it's a bit overkill for body bounce, especially for the male body.  HDT-PE doesn't exist for SSE.  So the only 2 options are HDT-SMP or CBP (body only).

Currently, I can't use HDT-SMP on my SSE setup since it seems to conflict with a mod I'm using to display floating damage numbers on hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 3:26 AM, MyHouseATL said:

Have you tried this in MO2?

Mod Organizer?  If you're referring to the mod conflict I was having, it was due to the Floating Damage number mod (an SKSE64 plugin) hooking into SE in a way that made it incompatible with HDT-SMP.  The mod has been updated since then to make it compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright so i found the site you were referring too, but i am totally new to PC gaming and modding (just built my first gaming pc last week) and once the file is downloaded i have no idea what to do with it since it doesn't show up in nmm. please advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend installing SKSE  and its plugins manually.  Mod managers tend to be picky when installing things outside of the Data folder.  If you haven't done so already, grab the latest SKSE64 (2.0.7 as of right now) and extract it to the folder where SkyrimSE is installed.  As for HDT-SMP, make sure you grab the plugin itself as well as the framework.  Extract them to the folder in the image below.  You can grab the required XML files to get it working from my HDT-BBB Bounce mod.

hdtsmp.jpg.2768392dc4f7f369cc2159d86fdfaa35.jpg

Keep in mind that you have to launch the game through the skse64 launcher now.  A lot of the more advanced mods require it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KouLeifoh said:

I recommend installing SKSE  and its plugins manually.  Mod managers tend to be picky when installing things outside of the Data folder.  If you haven't done so already, grab the latest SKSE64 (2.0.7 as of right now) and extract it to the folder where SkyrimSE is installed.  As for HDT-SMP, make sure you grab the plugin itself as well as the framework.  Extract them to the folder in the image below.  You can grab the required XML files to get it working from my HDT-BBB Bounce mod.

hdtsmp.jpg.2768392dc4f7f369cc2159d86fdfaa35.jpg

Keep in mind that you have to launch the game through the skse64 launcher now.  A lot of the more advanced mods require it anyway.

I have skse installed and I actually tried extracting to that folder but it did not work in game so I assumed I had done something incorrect. As for the XML I'll have to fiddle around with that link because I'm not sure what to do with it. I havent manually installed anything like that before. But I do appreciate the response. If I cant figure it out when I get off work tonight I'll ask them. Also. Will my current armors work with this? They have been working properly with cbp so far but do I need to do anything other then disable cbp once I get everything set up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright so i got it all working and i got your mod installed with no problems. not ive moved on to trying to install HDT SSE High Heels from the same site but its not working properly because im not sure where to put everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it uses another SKSE plugin, then you should put it in the same folder above.  It's not a mod I've used or plan on ever using though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks KouLeifoh, Works great. Thanks for all the work you put into the packaging of the mods.

 

Also, for those users that find this too intimidating, FauxFurry over on LL posted about a simpler mod that gives basic jiggle to your character.

It's made for female characters, so there's more bounce to the pecs and butt, but the ini file is a simple text file and I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to adjust the settings.

Anyway: CBP Physics

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13207?tab=posts

Edited by davesofmaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, davesofmaine said:

Thanks KouLeifoh, Works great. Thanks for all the work you put into the packaging of the mods.

 

Also, for those users that find this too intimidating, FauxFurry over on LL posted about a simpler mod that gives basic jiggle to your character.

It's made for female characters, so there's more bounce to the pecs and butt, but the ini file is a simple text file and I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard to adjust the settings.

Anyway: CBP Physics

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13207?tab=posts

Yes thats what ive been using and it works fine with SAM mods here.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

th hdt thing dont work for me :( it has pounce physiks but no touch. no tutorial out there? i have the cbbe body

Edited by Fairplayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fairplayer and @KouLeifoh i figured out why the HDT touch is no longer working for people downloading the files from the given site after crossing your files with mine i discovered this. inside hdtssepsychics text document iam getting this every time i run it in the game "[Sun May 20 21:45:56 2018]ERROR: hdtSSEFramework failed to launch" i latter discoverd that after installing the zip inside the zip folder we are missing one file the hdtSSEFramework.dll so so thus this is where the error is coming from and explains mine and @Fairplayer problem is coming from. so is there a way to get this missing file or is there any other way to get this working???????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kyr2 said:

@Fairplayer and @KouLeifoh i figured out why the HDT touch is no longer working for people downloading the files from the given site after crossing your files with mine i discovered this. inside hdtssepsychics text document iam getting this every time i run it in the game "[Sun May 20 21:45:56 2018]ERROR: hdtSSEFramework failed to launch" i latter discoverd that after installing the zip inside the zip folder we are missing one file the hdtSSEFramework.dll so so thus this is where the error is coming from and explains mine and @Fairplayer problem is coming from. so is there a way to get this missing file or is there any other way to get this working???????

HDT Touch? and although i already have a framework file downloaded did you notice a difference in the two?

Edited by HateWarSorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×