• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Athildur

Armor mods that work with SAM?

I've decided to swap SOS for SAM to see if I like it more. The main file download page has some armor mods (vector's modulars, legacy skimpy), but are there any other good armor mods on the skimpier side that work with SAM? The two mods with it for dawnguard and dragonborn are just refits so I'd love to find something a little more showy.

They don't necessarily need to be SAM specific, as long as they work with it.

Edit: Hmm...I installed the mods that come with SAM (vanilla refit, then vector's modular armors, then legacy skimpy) and some armors look normal (like the basic imperial armors), but the stormcloak chestpiece and mage robes are just nonexistent (as in, they are invisible). Is that...normal? SAM has better tools for the body and all, but I'm missing my SOS armors :(

Edited by Athildur

There are a few on HoT/LadyM's forum, some not in the downloads section.

Just your luck I made a mod list with links for my mate just yesterday.

Those are all the armors made/converted/refitted for SAM. Any other armor, would be using a body that does not conform with Samsom/Samuel values and cause hands/feet/head to look weird, so I'd recommend to avoid them. Unless you have a thing for weirded-out textures and floating/disconnected heads/hands/feet like cartoonish creatures, such as Rayman. No judgements.

OBS: The Legacy Skimpy mod turns a lot of vanilla armors into underwear. So all guards, most mages and some heavy armors will be just an appropriately textured underwear.

Edited by CyBardo
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CyBardo said:

There are a few on HoT/LadyM's forum, some not in the downloads section.

Just your luck I made a mod list with links for my mate just yesterday.

Those are all the armors made/converted/refitted for SAM. Any other armor, would be using a body that does not conform with Samsom/Samuel values and cause hands/feet/head to look weird, so I'd recommend to avoid them. Unless you have a thing for weirded-out textures and floating/disconnected heads/hands/feet like cartoonish creatures, such as Rayman. No judgements.

So for those mods, they require the HDT mod (and the XPSE), but that requires the latest RaceMenu/NetImmerseOverride, and *that* is incompatible with SAM for me (using the latest version causes all the male actors to go invisible). Have you used these mods with any success?

I am currently using all the latest stuff, no glitch.

I was actually one of the unfortunate, a year ago, that had the NiOverride incompatibility issue and "preached" the solution of downgrade left and right. It is somewhat random, the glitches pick newbs at random to torment.

By the way I didn't see Ashara armor set using HDT physics. It says it uses HDT on the trousers, huh, I don't use them, nor the vest, they ruin the style for my character. Anyways, the last XPMSE version compatible with dowgraded NiOverride/RaceMenu is v3.21 as far as I recall. Any higher, and it requires NiOverride/RaceMenu v3.4.5. Nor HDT nor nothing required latest XPMSE back when I had the glitch (the only con was not having the wielding/sheathing styles).

15 hours ago, CyBardo said:

I am currently using all the latest stuff, no glitch.

I was actually one of the unfortunate, a year ago, that had the NiOverride incompatibility issue and "preached" the solution of downgrade left and right. It is somewhat random, the glitches pick newbs at random to torment.

By the way I didn't see Ashara armor set using HDT physics. It says it uses HDT on the trousers, huh, I don't use them, nor the vest, they ruin the style for my character. Anyways, the last XPMSE version compatible with dowgraded NiOverride/RaceMenu is v3.21 as far as I recall. Any higher, and it requires NiOverride/RaceMenu v3.4.5. Nor HDT nor nothing required latest XPMSE back when I had the glitch (the only con was not having the wielding/sheathing styles).

Yeah, so it apparently picked me for being glitchy :( and I didn't want to just throw in old mods and risk breaking more things haha. I'm using racemenu 3.2.2, I'll see if I can get the older XPMSE and make everything work. The ashara armor looks pretty cool :)

Until I start messing up with SAM, I'm afraid I cant really provide any help with that. From what I've been told, all I know is that at some point Expired (NiOverride's author) change the way the TRIs work, and I believe it "forced" modders to have to create the TRIs in a slightly different way. But aside that, I have no idea about what exactly was changed, and how to properly do that.

Those are my modular armors, which you can customize by easily editing the NIFs. I'm a bit busy right now, but later on I'll make a post explaining how to do it

EDIT: One more thing, the modular armors will be part of a feature on SAM, a feature I had eventually planned on adding, but never did. That feature will allow for ppl to hide/show the different parts, so it will not only be easier for ppl to use them as they prefer, but will also add a bit more variety to the game, as I plan to have an option that will be able to randomize it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, chibikyo said:

Does anyone have the new hosting locations of these armors... if there is one?

They're all gone. And as long as the original mod authors don't decide to repost them on this site, they will be gone for good. I wish I could say something more soothing, but that's just the way it is.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Render said:

I have copies of almost all the armor.

hey do you have copy of adult accessoires 1.0, the 2.0 are for hdt users and i don't like the hdt features

On 04/12/2016 at 1:37 PM, Render said:

Plz, update links or something, especially KL Kyron and Daren armors. They are great! :|

7 hours ago, Nullys said:

Plz, update links or something, especially KL Kyron and Daren armors. They are great! :|

I have them both updated with bug fixes and ready for upload, but I'm still waiting on permissions to the Downloads section.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:37 AM, Render said:

Do you happen to have the hdt version of the Tsun armor?  I only ever downloaded the normal version.  

On 2/2/2017 at 3:27 AM, cube_guy said:

Do you happen to have the hdt version of the Tsun armor?  I only ever downloaded the normal version.  

does it exist? i made a research and didnt find anything about it.

I'm having a problem with the Vanilla Refits.  I can't edit any portions beyond the modular Dwarven and Wolf Armors.  Trying to select a portion of the other armors (Dragonplate, for example) selects the whole thing.  Did I install anything incorrectly?

26 minutes ago, AzureOne said:

I'm having a problem with the Vanilla Refits.  I can't edit any portions beyond the modular Dwarven and Wolf Armors.  Trying to select a portion of the other armors (Dragonplate, for example) selects the whole thing.  Did I install anything incorrectly?

The armors from the vanilla fit cannot be changed like the modular armors. That's why they are called Modular.

• Upvote 1

Having a mildly annoying issue with the Modular Armors.  I went into NifSkope to edit the Dwarven armor and take a few bits off, namely the chest plate and skirting, and the changes are saved via NifSkope so it remembers the edits.  But nothing changes in-game.  The armor is still unchanged from original install.  I've tried reinstalling, merging with SAM core mod, and manually deleting the vanilla refits and the SAM originals.  Nothing changes.  This is on an existing save game, if that helps.  Using MO...