• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Athildur

Armor mods that work with SAM?

8 hours ago, AzureOne said:

Having a mildly annoying issue with the Modular Armors.  I went into NifSkope to edit the Dwarven armor and take a few bits off, namely the chest plate and skirting, and the changes are saved via NifSkope so it remembers the edits.  But nothing changes in-game.  The armor is still unchanged from original install.  I've tried reinstalling, merging with SAM core mod, and manually deleting the vanilla refits and the SAM originals.  Nothing changes.  This is on an existing save game, if that helps.  Using MO...

I think there's a few things you can check: 

Did you make modifications to the files in the right file path? 

Was the files saved in the right folders under the right names? 

Do you have another armor mod overwriting your modified meshes in your load order? 

I've made changes to the modular armors on existing save games and have no problems. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2017 at 8:25 PM, LittleOrca said:

I think there's a few things you can check: 

Did you make modifications to the files in the right file path? 

Was the files saved in the right folders under the right names? 

Do you have another armor mod overwriting your modified meshes in your load order? 

I've made changes to the modular armors on existing save games and have no problems. 

I found the issue.  I needed to run NifSkope as administrator to get the changes recognized.  Damnable UAC.

On 21/09/2016 at 11:48 AM, CyBardo said:

There are a few on HoT/LadyM's forum, some not in the downloads section.

Just your luck I made a mod list with links for my mate just yesterday.

Those are all the armors made/converted/refitted for SAM. Any other armor, would be using a body that does not conform with Samsom/Samuel values and cause hands/feet/head to look weird, so I'd recommend to avoid them. Unless you have a thing for weirded-out textures and floating/disconnected heads/hands/feet like cartoonish creatures, such as Rayman. No judgements.

OBS: The Legacy Skimpy mod turns a lot of vanilla armors into underwear. So all guards, most mages and some heavy armors will be just an appropriately textured underwear.

would it be possible to get these from you as most of the links are no longer functional

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2017 at 11:16 AM, Lazlo_Wolf said:

would it be possible to get these from you as most of the links are no longer functional

Same, I know someone has to have these mods on them. I just want skimpy vanilla armor.

On 4/23/2017 at 3:16 PM, Lazlo_Wolf said:

On 5/10/2017 at 6:23 PM, RaveHeart said:

Same, I know someone has to have these mods on them. I just want skimpy vanilla armor.

Unfortunately, I jumped out of the modding community several months ago. And due to my limited HDD size, I don't have Skyrim nor any of the mods I used stored away. You would have more luck asking some of the screenshootters over at HoT.

Edited by CyBardo

On 9/21/2016 at 3:48 AM, CyBardo said:

There are a few on HoT/LadyM's forum, some not in the downloads section.

Just your luck I made a mod list with links for my mate just yesterday.

Those are all the armors made/converted/refitted for SAM. Any other armor, would be using a body that does not conform with Samsom/Samuel values and cause hands/feet/head to look weird, so I'd recommend to avoid them. Unless you have a thing for weirded-out textures and floating/disconnected heads/hands/feet like cartoonish creatures, such as Rayman. No judgements.

OBS: The Legacy Skimpy mod turns a lot of vanilla armors into underwear. So all guards, most mages and some heavy armors will be just an appropriately textured underwear.

Hmm, the link for the Skimpy armor seems to tell me its unavailable, you got an alternative link, or would mind sharing?

On 29/07/2017 at 4:22 PM, Darnexx said:

Can anybody re-upload the dead links? :o

I'm not sure i'f anyone still has access to these files, I've tried using "Internet Archive" to go back and try to fish the mods out but that's not worked.