• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Bunnybear

How do you fix neck gap on npcs?

I've tried virtually everything to fix these gaps, and I was wondering if there is a way to fix them, they only appear when the npc is clothed but is gone when they are naked

Please help

My Load order

0  0 Skyrim.esm
 1  1 Update.esm
 2  2 Dawnguard.esm
 3  3 HearthFires.esm
 4  4 Dragonborn.esm
 5  5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
 6  6 SkyUI.esp
 7  7 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 8  8 SAM - Dawnguard Patch.esp
 9  9 SAM - Shape Atlas for Men.esp
10  a XPMSE.esp
11  b RaceMenu.esp
12  c RaceMenuPlugin.esp
13  d FNIS.esp
20180527122800_1.thumb.jpg.62dbd689a36f36e5d8b8ce3be2a3dbed.jpg20180527122625_1.thumb.jpg.db2e887523d371f067e7a466adb65826.jpg20180527123200_1.thumb.jpg.4c46c977c3566515b41a366a74b97bef.jpg20180527122913_1.thumb.jpg.9dd09b98c43cd74838a4e8b3cfc99da5.jpg20180527123054_1.thumb.jpg.7f46077afde15b1f43327d9a2e8ffffd.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Naurdor said:

Have you installed the replacement armours from the main SAM download?

Yes I have 

Mods.thumb.PNG.aba986d4d9d3ae4817f327fabca76731.PNG

The issue is with the refits themselves.  The vertices need to be manually adjusted in something like 3DS Max.  Since I'm not the author, I don't have permission to share any edits to them.  The alternative is to do the refits from scratch, but it's highly time consuming.

14 minutes ago, Melesse said:

Try moving USLEEP above the refits.

I've done this 

14 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

The issue is with the refits themselves.  The vertices need to be manually adjusted in something like 3DS Max.  Since I'm not the author, I don't have permission to share any edits to them.  The alternative is to do the refits from scratch, but it's highly time consuming.

So I should refit them myself?

@KouLeifoh

7 minutes ago, Bunnybear said:

So I should refit them myself?

You can still modify the existing ones for personal use.  I'm just merely stating that any edits to someone else's work requires permission if you intend to share them.

7 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

You can still modify the existing ones for personal use.  I'm just merely stating that any edits to someone else's work requires permission if you intend to share them.

oh I see, I'm not sure what to do then I guess I'll modify them if I have to but I have no clue how or where to start 

1 hour ago, Bunnybear said:

oh I see, I'm not sure what to do then I guess I'll modify them if I have to but I have no clue how or where to start 

It's difficult to do unless you have some basic 3D modeling experience.

Thats strange, im using most of the SAM armors from here on SSE, the vanilla refits, skimpy armors, and several others. but I dont have any gaps.  Are you sure you installed the correct ones?   do you have any mod conflicts changing weights of npc? ...and if you're on SSE did you run the armors all through sse-nif-optimizer first?

2 hours ago, infiniteone said:

Thats strange, im using most of the SAM armors from here on SSE, the vanilla refits, skimpy armors, and several others. but I dont have any gaps.  Are you sure you installed the correct ones?   do you have any mod conflicts changing weights of npc? ...and if you're on SSE did you run the armors all through sse-nif-optimizer first?

I’m pretty sure I installed the correct ones, I installed only the vanilla refits, I don’t believe I have a mod that conflicts with weight I’ve posted my mods in an earlier post and I’m using original Skyrim; not sse 

I am too experiencing this neck gap on NPCs. Has anyone found a definitive solution? Other than fixing them yourselves...I have no experience with 3D modeling so there goes my chances on fixing this issue. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't actually played oldrim in many years, but even then I had no gaps, so I dunno, maybe you're not actually using the refits?  Seems like armor made for another body to have giant gaps like that.  Aside from that, try moving to SSE, its time, been out three years already. ?

On 6/2/2018 at 2:10 AM, infiniteone said:

I haven't actually played oldrim in many years, but even then I had no gaps, so I dunno, maybe you're not actually using the refits?  Seems like armor made for another body to have giant gaps like that.  Aside from that, try moving to SSE, its time, been out three years already. ?

ok then am I suppose to manually install the refits because I did download the refits from the sam atlas mod page so I dunno

I really would like to know what I’m doing wrong, I even followed the pristine Skyrim Sam installation guide and still got the neck gap

As far as I know from someone on FB, it's because of USLEEP.

I have the Gaps too, but I ignore them, since I never wear these normal Armors myself nor do my followers.. XD And I ignore that on NPC's totally.

Can someone give me proper refits with the consent of the original creator? I've tried everything and the neck seam is still there- it's really frustrating and I'm unsure about switching to sse, not a lot mods for it imo