• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
krotgovnorot

Need help with editing body

I edited malebody_0 in outfit studio with brush and then saved it as a new .nif overwriting the old one. But when I check my character in game nothing change, I checked the .nif again if it saved correctly and everything was fine. This method worked with SOS before but SAM have some unusual structure and it seems that just replacing a .nif is not enough. Can somebody give me a hint what should I edit to make it work?

Did you test with weight 0 and naked?  That should show any immediate changes you've made to the mesh.  Keep in mind that Samson/Samuel morphs are deltas from malebody_1.

Yep. I set it to weight 0 with samson\samuel at 0 and the mesh was the same. I disabled SAM, enabled SOS and replaced its meshes with my edited ones to check if they work and they did. Not sure why its not as simple to do with SAM.

SAM uses the same nif location as vanilla.  So that can't be an issue.  Aside from morphs, SAM also does skeleton scaling based on Samson/Samuel values (and class settings for NPC's).  Try disabling only the SAM .esp to test.  Also as a bit of an extreme, replace malebody_1 with your custom malebody_0 renamed.