• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

S.A.M literally changed my life for Skyrim. The varied body types provided an immersion that was so realistic and exciting. To walk in a room and not know the body or penis shapes and sizes that might catch your eye, made it impossible to stop playing. Slowly but surely, just about every mod I used before found its way to a conversion for SE. Some that even previously relied on other mod authors assets, found workarounds or developed their own ways for scripts and such to be enabled. It's been more than 6 months now since all mods I required for my playthrough had been converted to SE in one way or another, except this one.  I have waited patiently for someone with the skillset, time, passion, and knowledge to bring us a fully working version of S.A.M and prayed that I might stumble upon the site one day to see some exciting news. Not being on the Nexus or having a way to track updates without visiting this external site from all other mods I use, has been frustrating, but the hope I had for the project remained. I appreciate the hard word and news updates from users such as KouLeifoh who kept sparking that interest with at least a body to use in the meantime, but it's been a while since any new developments have been posted. I am beginning to lose that last spark of hope that my SE game will forever be incomplete as developers wait for assets that may never come. That nobody will step forward with the willpower and capabilities to develop a workaround or similar asset to NetImmerse, etc. Surely there must be another way!?! If seeing a fully functional S.A.M. is hopeless, I wish we would be informed that nobody is indeed working on this in any way to get this to work in any fashion so that I can sadly find a way to live on without it. I have decided to use the higher quality body that has all of the armors/clothing refitted in the meantime....that is the Dizona body until SAM moves forward, if at all. I apologize for the rant. I'm just so frustrated that I do not have the capabilities or time to find a workaround for the mod and that nobody else has either. I guess it's time to move on...

• Like 3

The dynamic morphing is a feature of nioverride.  SAM applied this idea to Samson/Samuel body types.  Porting the bodygen feature of nioverride to SE rests entirely on Expired.  Whether or not that'll happen before ES6 is anyone's guess.  Even without this feature, SAM is still good as a basic body replacer.

My Skyrim projects are currently on hold.  There are a few games I'm trying to finish before I wipe everything and upgrade my system.  This summer heat isn't making things easy.  In the meantime, I'll still try to answer questions anyone might have.

Also, I have my own issues with the Dizona body. 😅

Thanks for your kind, informative, and prompt response. Dizona has issues like every mod but I like the quality of the textures and model. I just wish there was a way to replace the schlong without seems with ones like SAMs. I am extra irritable from this heat as well and working more than one job, so I understand focusing on other things for the time being. I'm sure someone from here has been in contact with Expired to see if he has any updates. 

I have since given up on expecting a full SAM release for SE. I have seen Expired say that he's not sure if NiOverride will ever actually get a full SE release. Before getting distracted by ESO (again), I was working on a more expansive SAM Light for myself. Basically I took all of my old meshes that I had converted and started loading them into Bodyslide (fortunately it can auto convert to SE) along with the corresponding tri file. The result is that I can quickly spit out a mesh that the game will use at 100% weight that is some combination of samson and samuel that I desire, because let's be completely honest, while I loved that you could change everything with SAM, I really only used 1 or 2 combinations of samson and samuel sliders. So the result is that every character in the game at 100% weight will look how I want them to, a decent compromise in my opinion. Install the body meshes over the ones in SOS SE and you've got a functionally similar experience. I will probably release all of those files when I get the chance to work on it again, but online games are so distracting.

Edited by rhavik
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2018 at 10:32 PM, rhavik said:

I have since given up on expecting a full SAM release for SE. I have seen Expired say that he's not sure if NiOverride will ever actually get a full SE release. Before getting distracted by ESO (again), I was working on a more expansive SAM Light for myself. Basically I took all of my old meshes that I had converted and started loading them into Bodyslide (fortunately it can auto convert to SE) along with the corresponding tri file. The result is that I can quickly spit out a mesh that the game will use at 100% weight that is some combination of samson and samuel that I desire, because let's be completely honest, while I loved that you could change everything with SAM, I really only used 1 or 2 combinations of samson and samuel sliders. So the result is that every character in the game at 100% weight will look how I want them to, a decent compromise in my opinion. Install the body meshes over the ones in SOS SE and you've got a functionally similar experience. I will probably release all of those files when I get the chance to work on it again, but online games are so distracting. 

I would love for you to upload it if you ever complete it 😍

Such a shame too. I'm like 90% all the tools needed to import SAM into SSE are now working almost fully. Oh well. Expired has stopped development of race menu so I guess all the good modders are leaving us. Sad days ahead.

33 minutes ago, cephalexinchan said:

Such a shame too. I'm like 90% all the tools needed to import SAM into SSE are now working almost fully. Oh well. Expired has stopped development of race menu so I guess all the good modders are leaving us. Sad days ahead.

Did Expired really stop development? I can't find any evidence on that other than that the last alpha build is from 17 April, but that doesn't have to mean that he stopped. Also, other people appear to work on NiOverride SSE independently and I have read of workarounds to get it to work to some extend. There's a great SSE conversion tracking thread on loverslab that helps a lot with staying up to date.

I talked with Achintygak who is a moderator of Nexus about it. That's a snippett of conversation we had about it. But that's the main jist of the whole thing.

Achin1.png

Achin2.png

• Sad 2

Expired is still developing it as far as i know, but last i saw it might not ever get to the same functionality that it did in LE.

zEdit and universal patchers are the way for SSE, (& likely ES6) if SAM were to have an SSE release I think it should be based on this, not sure how body morphs would play into that, or how to connect a GUI but it should all be possible, and with less/easier code too.  I plan to use it in simple terms without a GUI, just create a universal patcher with SAM and some other body types to distribute uniqueness through the population whilst having unique set for the player character too.

In the current offerings what I do is run all SAM mesh/textures inside the SOS full release for SSE, works perfectly, though the GUI is less featured than SAM of course.

2 hours ago, Melesse said:

Racemenu for SE has officially been released. Overlays apparently aren't working according to the mod description; not sure about body morphs.

That is some really exciting news!!!!!

I think it is more or less the same as what has been available on reddit all this time, just officially released on the nexus.

so probably no progress in regards to what we need for SAM.

6 hours ago, Melesse said:

Racemenu for SE has officially been released. Overlays apparently aren't working according to the mod description; not sure about body morphs.

As expected, there's still no bodygen support.  SAM morphs are a no-go.  Overlays may be reliant on bodygen as well.

From Expired's new sticky:

Features not functional

• BodyMorph (in progress)
  • BodyGen (in progress)
  • Overlays (Body/Hands/Feet in progress, Face may not come for awhile)
  • Sculpting (Partial, you can import sculpts from LE)
  • Export Head (no ETA)
  • Import Head (no ETA, this feature can be ported from LE by saving a sculpt preset and loading it in SE)
  • Like 2

That's good news then.  I'm not too bothered by the lack of head sculpt import/export since I can already do that in Oldrim and export a functional preset to be used in SE.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 6:41 AM, KouLeifoh said:

As expected, there's still no bodygen support.  SAM morphs are a no-go.  Overlays may be reliant on bodygen as well.

It's been updated:

Version 0.2.0

Implemented Body, Hands, and Feet Overlays

Implemented BodyMorph

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Body morphs are apparently working, but SAM in its current state won't run on SE due to its own SKSE plugin (a branch of the SOS plugin).  This was something I mentioned awhile back and Vector was in the process of converting the SKSE functions back into Papyrus script form before he stopped modding.

EDIT:

As a proof of concept, I modified a CBBE slider script for RaceMenu SE to add SAM Morphs.  Screenshot was taken at weight 100 and Samson 50 (no skeletal scaling was applied).  Ignore the RaceMenu SE UI errors.  With my limited testing, the morphs seem to stick when equipping/reequipping gear.  The only caveat is that the .nif files must be converted to SE format.rmsamtest.thumb.jpg.487f3e53e276abab69fe2e3fea82eb19.jpg

Edited by KouLeifoh
  • Like 1

10 часов назад, KouLeifoh сказал:

This was something I mentioned awhile back and Vector was in the process of converting the SKSE functions back into Papyrus script form before he stopped modding.

Good afternoon. I so understand them your words to us SAM SE do not wait?