• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

22 hours ago, sentiao said:

I founed this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13381

familiar?  like sam?

This mod can change everything voice,body,armor,spell ,etc.

creator name lazy girl He or she I not sure I founded user at sexlab

and he/she created clone mod npc SSE and fallout4 maybe you can ask his about script mod

That mod is a bit misleading.  It does skeleton scaling, not actual morphs.

13 hours ago, ALuckyChance said:

If the biggest barrier atm is converting skse functions back to Papyrus, I hope that's something that can be accomplished without too much difficulty!

Even if I try to modify SAM scripts to get SAM working in SE, I just don't have permission to release them.  In the past, I know that some modified SAM scripts that were released without permission back on HoT contributed to the drama at that time.  I respect Vector's work and want to avoid stepping on any toes.

On a related note, I managed to add skeleton scaling based on Samson/Samuel morphs to my RaceMenu SE plugin.  I may expand upon it with genital scaling and body hair overlays and release it as a proper mod (mainly for SAM Light).

39 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

On a related note, I managed to add skeleton scaling based on Samson/Samuel morphs to my RaceMenu SE plugin.  I may expand upon it with genital scaling and body hair overlays and release it as a proper mod (mainly for SAM Light).

Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once you've gotten that far, wouldn't it be possible to use BodyGen once it's out to add randomization, and thus mimic most of SAM's functions?

Edited by Melesse

2 minutes ago, Melesse said:

Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once you've gotten that far, wouldn't it be possible to use BodyGen once it's out to add randomization, and thus mimic most of SAM's functions?

RaceMenu SE's Bodygen Randomizer doesn't work yet.  I was considering using that to create morph templates to apply SAM morphs to certain/all NPC's once the randomizer has been implemented.

Yeah, i meant once it's been released, of course. It was the only other thing listed as 'in progress', so hopefully it's next on expired's plate.

10 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Even if I try to modify SAM scripts to get SAM working in SE, I just don't have permission to release them.  In the past, I know that some modified SAM scripts that were released without permission back on HoT contributed to the drama at that time.  I respect Vector's work and want to avoid stepping on any toes.

Vector doesn't seem like he'll be doing anything with SAM anytime soon, maybe we could ask for permission?  If he declines then that's totally fine, it's his mod and his hard work..   I honestly desperately want SAM ported to SE. i don't think there's any match for it out there.. for now, i'm using SOS but it's just not the same.  Gotta look for a silver lining, it's not entirely hopeless for SAM to make its return to SE! 

Edited by Ayser

The whole point of some people not willing to move on to SE is because of SAM not being compatible.

SE has better base game graphics, better stability and removes the mod limitations. It’s just an overall better experience and it’s frustrating that people have to stick with the crappy LE version just because some mods aren’t transported.

If SAM end up not playable for SE because of permission issues, then it’s not just a problem of a single mod anymore. You’re basically denying a bunch of people’s right to play SE for a better experience. Because let’s be honest, playing around with character customization is a huge part of why people still play Skyrim and without SAM it’ll be pretty fucking terrible to play this game. Frankly, what’s the point of playing then? I can only hope someday we’ll see more and more talented people joining the PC mods for guy characters community.

9 hours ago, Kirax said:

If SAM end up not playable for SE because of permission issues, then it’s not just a problem of a single mod anymore. You’re basically denying a bunch of people’s right to play SE for a better experience. Because let’s be honest, playing around with character customization is a huge part of why people still play Skyrim and without SAM it’ll be pretty fucking terrible to play this game. Frankly, what’s the point of playing then? I can only hope someday we’ll see more and more talented people joining the PC mods for guy characters community.

Careful now.  That falls into the "entitlement" mentality that plagues today's youth.

Also some progress was made.  Samson/Samuel morphs and genital scaling now include the skeleton scaling formulas from SAM.  The body hair overlay doesn't seem to work on extra meshes that aren't attached to the body even though they use the same biped slot.  I may just have to weld the genital mesh to the body to get the body hair overlay working properly.

rmsamtest1.thumb.jpg.3239be65416357a69de7d33b0adaa89a.jpgrmsamtest2.thumb.jpg.4c864910789b2855b88c72d8bdab8bdd.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Careful now.  That falls into the "entitlement" mentality that plagues today's youth.

Also some progress was made.  Samson/Samuel morphs and genital scaling now include the skeleton scaling formulas from SAM.  The body hair overlay doesn't seem to work on extra meshes that aren't attached to the body even though they use the same biped slot.  I may just have to weld the genital mesh to the body to get the body hair overlay working properly.

rmsamtest1.thumb.jpg.3239be65416357a69de7d33b0adaa89a.jpgrmsamtest2.thumb.jpg.4c864910789b2855b88c72d8bdab8bdd.jpg

I'm fine with just sticking with LE, and if SAM SE never happens I wouldn't really care much. Just laying out the truth. I don't feel entitled to have things, in fact, I despise those people and that's why I try to learn how to do shit myself instead of begging other people to do stuff for me.

I mean I'm probably in no place to say this to you considering how much you've helped me on random problems I would have, and I wasn't saying specifically YOU would be the one denying other people's chance at a better experience. It was the word 'right' that wasn't proper for the scenario, forgive me for being trash at English.

I was just reading on the Racemenu SSE mod page that BodyGen randomize is indeed in the release!  Great to see you've made some progress with that already, sweet!

To the other comments, yes it seems Vector is not at all interested in modding Skyrim, as I read on his twitter :(  ...however, he's got this sweet website and a bunch of interest, so maybe he will let us do more so long as its only published here?  Would be nice to put up a SAM in a spicy SOS build. lol  With Kou's racemenu morphs it does away with a lot of the need in the SAM mcm, and SOS already has a great MCM, .dll and all, just nowhere near as amazing mesh as SAM, but thats easily sidestepped by swapping in SAM mesh/textures.

As for LE, how can you even bare it???? its so old and abandoned lol, runs like hell on any system newer than Windows 7.

The BodyGen randomizer works, but it seems to only do morphs, not skeleton scaling.  I need to dump all male NPC records to a text file to use as a base for adding morphs based on the class system SAM has.  While the skeleton scaling isn't there, at least the morphs will work without the need for external scripts.  I'm trying to avoid scripts that hook into high stress events like on-equip (like SAM, SOS, and even XPMSE from the last time I used it).  RaceMenu provides a clean way to do morphs. 😄

• Like 3

As an update for anyone interested, my SAM plugin for RaceMenu is pretty much done and works for both Oldrim and SE (only SAM Light is required).  I also generated morph templates for all male NPC's of playable races using xEdit and manually asigned Samson/Samuel morphs to them based on their class.  I'm just not satisfied with the current body hair overlays and need to do touch ups on them to reduce seams.  All my other mods will be receiving updates as well to support morphs in SE along with bugfixes and a few requests that were made awhile back.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

As an update for anyone interested, my SAM plugin for RaceMenu is pretty much done and works for both Oldrim and SE (only SAM Light is required).  I also generated morph templates for all male NPC's of playable races using xEdit and manually asigned Samson/Samuel morphs to them based on their class.  I'm just not satisfied with the current body hair overlays and need to do touch ups on them to reduce seams.  All my other mods will be receiving updates as well to support morphs in SE along with bugfixes and a few requests that were made awhile back.

Amazing, man you're so talented its impressive!  Do you think ill I be able to use it?  I have to tinker extra with things because I dont use sam-light I use sos-full with sam full meshes & stuff, maybe that wont also be possible with this mod?

5 hours ago, infiniteone said:

Amazing, man you're so talented its impressive!  Do you think ill I be able to use it?  I have to tinker extra with things because I dont use sam-light I use sos-full with sam full meshes & stuff, maybe that wont also be possible with this mod?

SAM Light is not a hard requirement, but it's the easiest setup.  It'll work with your setup as long as you have the morph files in the right places.  The next version of SAM Light has the genital mesh welded into the body mesh to fix the overlay issue.  I also decided to create custom morphs for the genital shape based on SAM's genital scaling formula to allow the BodyGen randomizer to set randomized genital sizes for each male NPC.  I'll also provide these morphs for the standalone genital mesh used by the original SAM as an option for those not using SAM Light.  The only issue is that these morphs are not compatible with genital accessories, piercings, or other colorful things found at LL.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

SAM Light is not a hard requirement, but it's the easiest setup.  It'll work with your setup as long as you have the morph files in the right places.  The next version of SAM Light has the genital mesh welded into the body mesh to fix the overlay issue.  I also decided to create custom morphs for the genital shape based on SAM's genital scaling formula to allow the BodyGen randomizer to set randomized genital sizes for each male NPC.  I'll also provide these morphs for the standalone genital mesh used by the original SAM as an option for those not using SAM Light.  The only issue is that these morphs are not compatible with genital accessories, piercings, or other colorful things found at LL.

Ahh, thats sounding quite amazing!  ❤️

If it's possible, before the mod gets too big, can you add some additional sliders beyond the Samson/Samuel ones? It would be really nice to more customization options for body types.

22 hours ago, Vicyntae said:

If it's possible, before the mod gets too big, can you add some additional sliders beyond the Samson/Samuel ones? It would be really nice to more customization options for body types.

I added sliders for the skeleton bones scaled by the Samson/Samuel morphs.  They'll be added on top of the scaling already done by those morphs.  I also changed the range to give more options for body types.  SAM set the Samson/Samuel range at 0 to 100, but I changed that to -50 to 150 for this mod.  Skeleton scaling is capped at a reasonable 0.5 to 1.5 range.  I won't be adding more morphs to the body since they won't be compatible with existing refits.  This is what the mod currently looks like:

rmsamtest3.thumb.jpg.9119c38d4ec6702f07606cc2d8eb08c9.jpg

If the bone names make it look too cluttered, I can always rename them.  Other bones like butt, breasts, and belly won't be included since they're not in the original SAM skeleton and it was never my intention to have them scaled.

After thinking it over, I'm gonna scrape the welded genital + body mesh since that'll double the amount of body meshes and workload I have to maintain for my current mods (around 4 body types right now).  The body weights are more of an issue than the mesh itself.  I came to this realization as I was making genital morphs for each of them. 😅

• Like 5