• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Jamesalexian

Briarhearts are far beyond my conversion capabilities.

After banging my head against the wall that is the briarheart bodymesh, I have come to the conclusion that I can't force them to use SAM bodies and retain that horrible chest hole. Does anyone know of a good brairheart conversions for sam? I'd really like to be able to slaughter the reach without being subjected to the sight of the filthy misshapen default body and texture. I really hate the default bodymesh and texture.

Edited by Jamesalexian
Title error

2 hours ago, Darnexx said:

Weird huh? They are the only gyus not effected by SAM

Not to mention for some reason the penises are missing when killing the Afflicted.

You can fix the afflicted by using the race compatibility mod and giving them the actorproxybreton tag.

Looking at my mods, it seems like I changed them to use the default body mesh as well. I'm not sure if that was necessary, but I did it and they have cocks in my game.

Edited by Jamesalexian
Stray Bracket

Nifskope doesnt let me copy mesh from one to another, i tried with other things and failed a ton of times.  I guess the only solution is to mesh a new custom briarheart or accept that they're a lost cause anyway lol they're cursed and crazed, the lot of em.

11 hours ago, Jamesalexian said:

Looking at my mods, it seems like I changed them to use the default body mesh as well. I['m not sure if that was necessary, but I did it and they have cocks in my game.

Already in vanilla, the afflicted shares the same default body mesh. The only uses distinct diffuse (skin) for their head, body plus feet, and hands.

7 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

Already in vanilla, the afflicted shares the same default body mesh. The only uses distinct diffuse (skin) for their head, body plus feet, and hands.

I mean that I seem to have changed the race skin to SkinNaked that the other races use. It was ArmorAfflicted before.

9 hours ago, infiniteone said:

Nifskope doesnt let me copy mesh from one to another, i tried with other things and failed a ton of times.  I guess the only solution is to mesh a new custom briarheart or accept that they're a lost cause anyway lol they're cursed and crazed, the lot of em.

Yeah, I was trying to use the outfit studio in bodyslide to isolate the hole from the briarheart mesh, then cut out a hole from the SAM body and smooth the transition between them. I gave up after four attempts to isolate the same vertices in both the 0 and 1 bodies. It would be so nice if bodyslide would let you sync two instances of itself so you could modify the two weights together.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jamesalexian said:

Yeah, I was trying to use the outfit studio in bodyslide to isolate the hole from the briarheart mesh, then cut out a hole from the SAM body and smooth the transition between them. I gave up after four attempts to isolate the same vertices in both the 0 and 1 bodies. It would be so nice if bodyslide would let you sync two instances of itself so you could modify the two weights together.

In the thread about refits , KouLeifoh mentions a way where you only have to do the changes to one body weight and use a slider to get the other weight with no extra effort. I've been doing things that way for a while now and it definitely makes things a ton easier.

Edited by air

Weird that Vector did not seems to work with that Body in first place. Adding it to his Vanilla Refits maybe.

It makes sense when you consider how much of a pain in the ass they are to convert and compare that to the minimal payoff. The other refits are good for the player and make some or many NPC's look better. I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention liking the briarhearts. I mean, I'm only doing this to make them less unpleasant. It's a nice cap to my project of removing face dirt from the reach.

21 hours ago, infiniteone said:

You need to first copy all the bones it needs that are not present on the other .nif.  Otherwise, it'll fail to link the skin data.

Weird that Vector did not seems to work with that Body in first place. Adding it to his Vanilla Refits maybe.

It's a lot of work for just a handful of NPC's using the briarheart body.  I thought about reworking SAM's body for it, but the idea of puncturing a hole in his chest and adding jagged ribs over it made me queasy. 😅

• Thanks 1

I've done most of the job, but they start out with the normal texture and turn into the SAM one. Sometimes they do something weird.

ScreenShot46.thumb.jpg.653f9f1a6e54c5bdb984835d66803e27.jpgScreenShot47.thumb.jpg.2656643fb8167fcabd0deaa8d42087ae.jpg

Those two worked correctly, but the next one was off.

ScreenShot48.thumb.jpg.1cbca4f671b1f43caf643e845ccafd39.jpg

It might be a consistency flag thing. Make sure they're set to CT MUTABLE in nitrishapedata for all the parts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamesalexian said:

I don't know what that means.

Open the nifs, expand the nitrishapes, look in the nitrishapedata for "Consistency Flags" and change it to mutable

repeat for all nitrishapes in _0 and _1

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Open the nifs, expand the nitrishapes, look in the nitrishapedata for "Consistency Flags" and change it to mutable

repeat for all nitrishapes in _0 and _1

Thank you.