• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
Kirax

So what's the deal with SAM for SE?

I get that now that you can do samson/samuel body morph on racemenu in SE thanks to @KouLeifoh GOD

SAM in SE is basically semi-playable? I mean something doesn't work here and there but it's no longer unplayable due to the absence of meaty dudes.

I was trying to set it up for SE this afternoon after I'm finished with my last project for LE and SE is just downright amazing. I'm getting much, much better framerates and no longer in dread of the 255 esp cap. Just wondering how do you set it up properly? Currently I have SAM HD textures and High poly body meshes in MO installed, just get the racemenu plugin and it's set? Or is there something else required?

With SAM Light, High Poly SAM and SAM morphs for Racemenu (and the alternate BodyGen templates provided by @y_sengaku here), most features of SAM are indeed in SE. You will need the SE armor conversions, or run any other armors through NIF Optimizer, of course.

Features that will not work in SSE (currently):

• Modifying Samson/Samuel morphs (i mean the morphs themselves, not the values for any particular npc. That can be done via the power from SAM Morphs for Racemenu)
  • Race based values for Samson/Samuel/Genitals
  • Class based values for Samson/Samuel/Genitals for non-vanilla NPCs
  • Armor in the Body slot which reveals the genitals (SAM Light is not compatible with the SAMRevealing node)
  • HDT armor will need to be converted for HDT-SMP, i assume
  • Any body retextures will need to be edited to be compatible with SAM Light
  • Changing genital hair

Edit: to answer your actual question, you will need to install the requirements for SAM Morphs for Racemenu, install the mod itself, install any armor refits you want, run them through NIF Optimizer if needed, and then you should be good to go. SAM HD textures from the main SAM download won't work because they aren't compatible with SAM Light, and while installing the High Poly body, make sure you choose the option for compatibility with SAM Light.

Edited by Melesse

4 hours ago, Melesse said:

With SAM Light, High Poly SAM and SAM morphs for Racemenu (and the alternate BodyGen templates provided by @y_sengaku here), most features of SAM are indeed in SE. You will need the SE armor conversions, or run any other armors through NIF Optimizer, of course.

Features that will not work in SSE (currently):

• Modifying Samson/Samuel morphs (i mean the morphs themselves, not the values for any particular npc. That can be done via the power from SAM Morphs for Racemenu)
  • Race based values for Samson/Samuel/Genitals
  • Class based values for Samson/Samuel/Genitals for non-vanilla NPCs
  • Armor in the Body slot which reveals the genitals (SAM Light is not compatible with the SAMRevealing node)
  • HDT armor will need to be converted for HDT-SMP, i assume
  • Any body retextures will need to be edited to be compatible with SAM Light
  • Changing genital hair

Edit: to answer your actual question, you will need to install the requirements for SAM Morphs for Racemenu, install the mod itself, install any armor refits you want, run them through NIF Optimizer if needed, and then you should be good to go. SAM HD textures from the main SAM download won't work because they aren't compatible with SAM Light, and while installing the High Poly body, make sure you choose the option for compatibility with SAM Light.

Alright, cool, thanks a lot!

You can use Schlongs of skyrim if you replace the muscular peen with one from SAM and have full peen control with a sam body and no gaps. If you do a little searching around on the forums you'll find a guide

Something to keep in mind is that SE was updated recently to add more CC content.  Due to PAX and the holiday weekend, SKSE64 hasn't been updated to support it yet.  This trickles down to other SKSE plugins that are version dependent like RaceMenu.  On top of that, there are SKSE plugins that I just can't play without anymore (floating health bars, floating damage numbers, tk hitstop, tk dodge, experience) and I won't update SE / SKSE64 until they're updated as well.

EDIT:  I wanted to add that BodyGen does support using a Race tag, but it's not working properly.  The alternative is to generate morphs.ini/templates.ini for NPC's with their races included which can be used to define Samson/Samuel/genital morphs.  Something like Skyrim.esm|NPC_ID=CLASS,RACE where CLASS is used for Samson/Samuel morphs while RACE can be used for genital morphs.  Users can simply edit templates.ini to change the morphs to their liking.  This format might be more ideal instead of the current one I'm using (randomized genital morphs regardless of race).

Edited by KouLeifoh

On 9/5/2018 at 10:53 PM, KouLeifoh said:

Something to keep in mind is that SE was updated recently to add more CC content.  Due to PAX and the holiday weekend, SKSE64 hasn't been updated to support it yet.  This trickles down to other SKSE plugins that are version dependent like RaceMenu.  On top of that, there are SKSE plugins that I just can't play without anymore (floating health bars, floating damage numbers, tk hitstop, tk dodge, experience) and I won't update SE / SKSE64 until they're updated as well.

EDIT:  I wanted to add that BodyGen does support using a Race tag, but it's not working properly.  The alternative is to generate morphs.ini/templates.ini for NPC's with their races included which can be used to define Samson/Samuel/genital morphs.  Something like Skyrim.esm|NPC_ID=CLASS,RACE where CLASS is used for Samson/Samuel morphs while RACE can be used for genital morphs.  Users can simply edit templates.ini to change the morphs to their liking.  This format might be more ideal instead of the current one I'm using (randomized genital morphs regardless of race).

This is an indeed interesting suggestion. 

I'm not sure whether each generic actor belongs to corresponding race, but if you don't have enough time to develop this direction,  I'd help you with the edit of morphs.ini/ templates.ini though I don't have much time to spare towards this month.

As for circumcise/ uncircumcised ratio, I've also found that the following formula seems to be valid:

Foreskin [email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected] (20% circumcised/ 80% uncircumcised)

15 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

This is an indeed interesting suggestion. 

I'm not sure whether each generic actor belongs to corresponding race, but if you don't have enough time to develop this direction,  I'd help you with the edit of morphs.ini/ templates.ini though I don't have much time to spare towards this month.

As for circumcise/ uncircumcised ratio, I've also found that the following formula seems to be valid:

Foreskin [email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected]|[email protected] (20% circumcised/ 80% uncircumcised)

There's always the possibility of customizing specific NPC's instead of using a template.  It just becomes very tedious going through a list of over 2k NPC's.