• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Vector

XSoldier video Demos

Since most viedoes I post are unlisted to avoid having to deal with homophobic comments, just leaving these around here, so people can watch them in case they haven't:

I made this... tamer video to post on Nexus. XCOM 2's lead programmer saw it and said it was pretty cool, and I'm not gonna lie, it felt good

A longer video with some tactical gameplay:

Muton Refit Armor... Also... glowing bits!! the glowing colour will be the same as the secondary colour:

Just a summary of all armors done so far:

• Upvote 6

Awesome job on the mod and thanks for sharing the videos to show us a little of what it's capable of.  Gotta love these muscular studs and their big guns...and the weapons are pretty cool too.  :P   I really love the attention you gave to the pecs of the model, those big slabs of beefy brawn and those massive nipples are smokin' hot!

I look forward to being able to use the mod after I am able to purchase the game in the near future.

Well, I'm loving modding too! and UE3 is just an awesome engine to work with. I mean... its probably the Editor that crashes the most, from all the game editors I've used before, its full of gimmicks and quirks, but the possibilities are endless! I can even do things I thought I could never do in a game engine, that are usually only available for 3D apps (something that I might end up using in the future to correct some animations). XCOM 2 is on sale right now (-33%) on steam. I advise you, when you get it, to go for the deluxe edition, or at the very least get the Alien Hunters DLC, since my mod uses some features from it.

i'm probably going to have to buy this game because of you -_-

great stuff!

well, I think its a great game, its basically strategy and combat turn, if you like that, I would strongly suggest to buy it

3 hours ago, Aerohalo said:

I plan on buying this game....but I was wondering if I will "need" the dlc?...

I'm not sure if you actually need Alien Hunters, to be fully functional, but regardless:

• You should always have an updated version of the game
  • Not having Alien Hunters might not be entirely game breaking, but you won't have the special ability animation that is given to soldiers when they reach 80% weight

I strongly advise getting it though, or get the Deluxe Edition, that will get you all the "small" DLCs, both released and unreleased (I think). Anyway, the raffle is still open until 18th this month.

Thank you for that great work sharing with us. Also love S.A.M. Where can i get Chris Redfield, please ? I`ve searched for hours.

Hey @spacron

I missed your post (although I've mentioned it already somewhere). At some point in the mod development I had to restart the mod all over... reasons don't matter, technical and complex, I just had to. I do plan to do Chris again, and go back to XCOM 2 modding, but for the time being its on hold =) 

8 hours ago, Uiztu said:

Perhaps can you try to create bigger limits? I mean, we can build more muscular those characters? :D And perhaps bigger bulge?

Unlikely... I do have on the works a new high-res poly to bake new normals:

ZBrush ScreenGrab01.jpg

But unsure if I will make them bigger... animations are already breaking a bit and I have to fix them, but I have little experience in animating, so I've been slacking on doing proper replacers. Also, bigger bulges... to be honest they never look that good, so, also unlikely that I'll do it.

In everything I do, I have a policy: I don't like it, I don't do it. While I like pushing extremes, when it comes to modding, its always limited, specially because doing so requires reworking animations. I will maybe eventually... schlongify them, and see if I can see how the physics work in UE3 (seems easy enough, but I havent really tested it)

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 88dominic88 said:

This game has been on my whishing list for quite some time, and I've just bought it thanks to this mod. Can't wait to see it!

If I had a dime for everytime I was said that... well, I still wouldn't be rich! but I get it a lot hehe. hope you enjoy it (there are still some bugs though, specially because I havent updated it for the last DLC)

On steam the deluxe edition includes only the Reinforcement Pack . Will the MOD be fully functional without others DLCs ?

On 10/11/2016 at 6:53 PM, Mavor81 said:

On steam the deluxe edition includes only the Reinforcement Pack . Will the MOD be fully functional without others DLCs ?

Hey @Mavor81, sorry for the late reply, but you caught me in a bad time, when I have seasonal IRL work. It should, as even if you dont have any new DLCs, the core files of the game are always updated. However, I havent updated the mod for the last DLC, and while I had ppl telling me that generally it works, there are some weirdness happening with Ranger's Axes. Last time the mod was updated it was after the Alien Hunter DLC, while not 100% required, its best if you have it

• Upvote 1

@Duncan, I told you, I had to re-do the mod all over, the Chris head mesh, is no longer compatible with anything, not the base game, not XSoldier. Is not that I dont want, its just that it no longer exists, I have to redo it from scratch.

I'm currently in the proccess of coming up with a workflow to work on a SAM feature, its a complex issue, and I must pay all my attention to that. But I'll promise you, when I can focus on something else, I will do Chris head again, I know a lot of ppl like him (and I do to, thats why I did it), so I'm sure you're not the only one who wants it

Please, be patient =)

3 hours ago, Vector said:

@Duncan, I told you, I had to re-do the mod all over, the Chris head mesh, is no longer compatible with anything, not the base game, not XSoldier. Is not that I dont want, its just that it no longer exists, I have to redo it from scratch.

I'm currently in the proccess of coming up with a workflow to work on a SAM feature, its a complex issue, and I must pay all my attention to that. But I'll promise you, when I can focus on something else, I will do Chris head again, I know a lot of ppl like him (and I do to, thats why I did it), so I'm sure you're not the only one who wants it

Please, be patient =)

Oh, thank you

On 9/6/2016 at 1:54 PM, Vector said:

In everything I do, I have a policy: I don't like it, I don't do it. While I like pushing extremes, when it comes to modding, its always limited, specially because doing so requires reworking animations. I will maybe eventually... schlongify them, and see if I can see how the physics work in UE3 (seems easy enough, but I havent really tested it)

Ah. well I do hope you decide to schlongify the men, I feel a little put off having my squad of naked kick-ass women not having a sexy beefy counterpart.

• Like 2