Jump to content
  • Create an account

    Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Recommended Posts

THE GOOD THING.

I never thought i could but i manage to convert my first outfit to SAM, smooth as butter, takes a while tho...

THE BAD THING.

When i try the outfit (which is quite revealing) the schlong dissappear, but when i put the "Revealing armor" option on the SOS MCM menu, the schlongs does not appear, is there a way to "FIX" this?

I say "FIX" on quotes cause i heard SOS and SAM don't mix well thogheter... so maybe is a compatibility issue, i'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 As for revealing armor, SAM and SoS employs different mechanics. If you build SAM-based revealing armor, it does not work with SoS (and nor does vise versa, I assume).

I'm also a quite newbie for this matter, so someone more knowledgeble perhaps will answer your question shortly, I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAM and SOS use completely different methods to handle whether or not an armor should be revealing. With SAM, you need to add a SAMRevealing branch to the nif (you can find one in any of the skimpy armors from the main SAM download page) , then under BSLightingShaderProperties, change alpha from 0 to 1. This needs to be done for both the _0 and the _1 nifs.

Edited by Cyrus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

SAM and SOS use completely different methods to handle whether or not an armor should be revealing. With SAM, you need to add a SAMRevealing branch to the nif (you can find one in any of the skimpy armors from the main SAM download page) , then under BSLightingShaderProperties, change alpha from 0 to 1. This needs to be done for both the _0 and the _1 nifs.

And...how and where can i add the "SAMRevealing Branch"? BTW i'm just saying, last time i used an armor that came with the mod SAM, "SkyrimArmor-Refit" and i did that thing with "SOS" with the "Fur Armor" it worked just fine, so i belive the pack comes with the "SAMRevealing Branch" already?

Edited by Pickle Juice
missed to type some words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pickle Juice said:

And...how and where can i add the "SAMRevealing Branch"? BTW i'm just saying, last time i used an armor that came with the mod SAM, "SkyrimArmor-Refit" and i did that thing with "SOS" with the "Fur Armor" it worked just fine, so i belive the come with the "SAMRevealing Branch" already?

 

2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

 you need to add a SAMRevealing branch to the nif (you can find one in any of the skimpy armors from the main SAM download page) ,

after you find an armor that already has it you just copy and paste the branch into the nifs. I don't use SoS with SAM so I don't know the specifics of getting them to work together. If this still does not work, then perhaps slot 52 is being used by the armor. That would need to be fixed in the esp.

Edited by Cyrus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

 

after you find an armor that already has it you just copy and paste the branch into the nifs. I don't use SoS with SAM so I don't know the specifics of getting them to work together. If this still does not work, then perhaps slot 52 is being used by the armor. That would need to be fixed in the esp.

Ok! let's just hope i can find one soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

 

after you find an armor that already has it you just copy and paste the branch into the nifs. I don't use SoS with SAM so I don't know the specifics of getting them to work together. If this still does not work, then perhaps slot 52 is being used by the armor. That would need to be fixed in the esp.

Ok i just tried on both a vanilla armor refited and a armor mod i refited, did not work, thanks for the help tho, i use, SOS fo thoat reason, cause is easier to make an armor "revealing" and you can also move the schlong up and down, i don't know if sam has those 2 things, question, do you know if the underwear uses a body slot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pickle Juice said:

Ok i just tried on both a vanilla armor refited and a armor mod i refited, did not work, thanks for the help tho, i use, SOS fo thoat reason, cause is easier to make an armor "revealing" and you can also move the schlong up and down, i don't know if sam has those 2 things, question, do you know if the underwear uses a body slot?

I haven't used SOS in a long time, but the version I used implemented "revealing" armor by tagging individual armor as revealing in its MCM.  Moving the genitals up and down seems like it's done by using NiOverride to move the genital bone.

SAM handles the genitals differently than SOS.  While both use slot 52 for it, SOS manages it by equipping/unequipping it dynamically while SAM simply changes its alpha.  As for the underwear, SAM's underwear is part of the body slot 32 and is hidden by changing its alpha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

I haven't used SOS in a long time, but the version I used implemented "revealing" armor by tagging individual armor as revealing in its MCM.  Moving the genitals up and down seems like it's done by using NiOverride to move the genital bone.

SAM handles the genitals differently than SOS.  While both use slot 52 for it, SOS manages it by equipping/unequipping it dynamically while SAM simply changes its alpha.  As for the underwear, SAM's underwear is part of the body slot 32 and is hidden by changing its alpha.

Ok, i tried what you said, didn't worked, but...let's say i fitted outfits to the SAM body on Outfit Studio and... let's say... i deleted... the "SAMunderwear"... do you think that would be the cause of the issue?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused here.  Are you using SAM assets on SOS or using both SOS (full) and SAM (full) together?  They simply don't play well together by design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×