• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

THE GOOD THING.

I never thought i could but i manage to convert my first outfit to SAM, smooth as butter, takes a while tho...

THE BAD THING.

When i try the outfit (which is quite revealing) the schlong dissappear, but when i put the "Revealing armor" option on the SOS MCM menu, the schlongs does not appear, is there a way to "FIX" this?

I say "FIX" on quotes cause i heard SOS and SAM don't mix well thogheter... so maybe is a compatibility issue, i'm not sure.

As for revealing armor, SAM and SoS employs different mechanics. If you build SAM-based revealing armor, it does not work with SoS (and nor does vise versa, I assume).

I'm also a quite newbie for this matter, so someone more knowledgeble perhaps will answer your question shortly, I hope.

SAM and SOS use completely different methods to handle whether or not an armor should be revealing. With SAM, you need to add a SAMRevealing branch to the nif (you can find one in any of the skimpy armors from the main SAM download page) , then under BSLightingShaderProperties, change alpha from 0 to 1. This needs to be done for both the _0 and the _1 nifs.

Edited by Cyrus

2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

SAM and SOS use completely different methods to handle whether or not an armor should be revealing. With SAM, you need to add a SAMRevealing branch to the nif (you can find one in any of the skimpy armors from the main SAM download page) , then under BSLightingShaderProperties, change alpha from 0 to 1. This needs to be done for both the _0 and the _1 nifs.

And...how and where can i add the "SAMRevealing Branch"? BTW i'm just saying, last time i used an armor that came with the mod SAM, "SkyrimArmor-Refit" and i did that thing with "SOS" with the "Fur Armor" it worked just fine, so i belive the pack comes with the "SAMRevealing Branch" already?

Edited by Pickle Juice
missed to type some words

10 minutes ago, Pickle Juice said:

And...how and where can i add the "SAMRevealing Branch"? BTW i'm just saying, last time i used an armor that came with the mod SAM, "SkyrimArmor-Refit" and i did that thing with "SOS" with the "Fur Armor" it worked just fine, so i belive the come with the "SAMRevealing Branch" already?

2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

you need to add a SAMRevealing branch to the nif (you can find one in any of the skimpy armors from the main SAM download page) ,

after you find an armor that already has it you just copy and paste the branch into the nifs. I don't use SoS with SAM so I don't know the specifics of getting them to work together. If this still does not work, then perhaps slot 52 is being used by the armor. That would need to be fixed in the esp.

Edited by Cyrus

2 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

after you find an armor that already has it you just copy and paste the branch into the nifs. I don't use SoS with SAM so I don't know the specifics of getting them to work together. If this still does not work, then perhaps slot 52 is being used by the armor. That would need to be fixed in the esp.

Ok! let's just hope i can find one soon

28 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Ok i just tried on both a vanilla armor refited and a armor mod i refited, did not work, thanks for the help tho, i use, SOS fo thoat reason, cause is easier to make an armor "revealing" and you can also move the schlong up and down, i don't know if sam has those 2 things, question, do you know if the underwear uses a body slot?

12 hours ago, Pickle Juice said:

Ok i just tried on both a vanilla armor refited and a armor mod i refited, did not work, thanks for the help tho, i use, SOS fo thoat reason, cause is easier to make an armor "revealing" and you can also move the schlong up and down, i don't know if sam has those 2 things, question, do you know if the underwear uses a body slot?

I haven't used SOS in a long time, but the version I used implemented "revealing" armor by tagging individual armor as revealing in its MCM.  Moving the genitals up and down seems like it's done by using NiOverride to move the genital bone.

SAM handles the genitals differently than SOS.  While both use slot 52 for it, SOS manages it by equipping/unequipping it dynamically while SAM simply changes its alpha.  As for the underwear, SAM's underwear is part of the body slot 32 and is hidden by changing its alpha.

2 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

I haven't used SOS in a long time, but the version I used implemented "revealing" armor by tagging individual armor as revealing in its MCM.  Moving the genitals up and down seems like it's done by using NiOverride to move the genital bone.

SAM handles the genitals differently than SOS.  While both use slot 52 for it, SOS manages it by equipping/unequipping it dynamically while SAM simply changes its alpha.  As for the underwear, SAM's underwear is part of the body slot 32 and is hidden by changing its alpha.

Ok, i tried what you said, didn't worked, but...let's say i fitted outfits to the SAM body on Outfit Studio and... let's say... i deleted... the "SAMunderwear"... do you think that would be the cause of the issue?.

I'm confused here.  Are you using SAM assets on SOS or using both SOS (full) and SAM (full) together?  They simply don't play well together by design.