• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

quititsquid

Any way to apply a preset body to an entire race?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could edit a body in SAM Light with RaceMenu and apply that body type to an entire race? Or maybe there is another way to do that? For example, I would like to make all orcs very bulky, high elves tall, humans muscular but normal looking, but I haven't been able to figure it out at all.
In addition, I would like every race to have their own textures. Obviously khajits and argonians must have a separate texture for them, but is it possible for me to it so nords have more muscly and hairy textures, while other HUMAN races have cleaner looking bodies?

Any help would be GREATELY appreciated.

If you're on LE, the full SAM does literally all of that. If you're on SE,  you can use SAM Morphs for RaceMenu from the downloads section and then make BodyGen templates to try and achieve some of it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Melesse said:

If you're on LE, the full SAM does literally all of that. If you're on SE,  you can use SAM Morphs for RaceMenu from the downloads section and then make BodyGen templates to try and achieve some of it.

I will try and do just that. Thanks for the reply!

Any idea if I can set different textures for different human races, though? Is that something I can do through BodyGen too?

27 minutes ago, quititsquid said:

Hi everyone,

For example, I would like to make all orcs very bulky, high elves tall, humans muscular but normal looking, but I haven't been able to figure it out at all.
In addition, I would like every race to have their own textures. Obviously khajits and argonians must have a separate texture for them, but is it possible for me to it so nords have more muscly and hairy textures, while other HUMAN races have cleaner looking bodies?

Check the following post by Kou: https://vectorplexus.com/topic/699-so-whats-the-deal-with-sam-for-se/?tab=comments#comment-6475

Bulky, muscular individual races can be achieved by tweaking of templates.ini in BodygenData of SAM Morph for Racemenu, but Morphmenu cannot apply universal racial setting for height. I should also underline the fac that SAM Morph by default use class of invididual NPCs for defining their Samuel/ Samson morphs and there is probably only one defining factor can be employed at the same time. In short, you have to abandon class defining samson/ samuel factors in favor of racial definition of samson/ samuel. 

I just wonder whether we can use SAM Morphs alongside with the following racial skeleton tweaks: Racial Body Morphs for Skyrim LE/ for Skyrim SE (warning: not without serious bugs like decapitated CTD in earlier version).

Individual textures per race can be very problematic, since AFAIK SAM morph (i.e. Racemenu/ NIOverrride) cannot assign different textures per race.

It is technically possible to assign different nude body texture by race like my old, small mod, MESADFO, but there is not such a mod at least for SAM - light.

TL;dr: If you are interested in racial diffent textures, it would be better to go with SAM full.

Even SAM full cannot differentiate the face texture by race (that sometimes caused severe texture mismatch between face and body), however, so I gave up pursuing 'individual texture by race'  further a while ago.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

Morphmenu cannot apply universal racial setting for height.

You can change racial heights by editing the Race record in an esp. Disparity does it for LE, but I don't think it's been ported to SE yet.

17 minutes ago, Melesse said:

You can change racial heights by editing the Race record in an esp. Disparity does it for LE, but I don't think it's been ported to SE yet.

Thank you for pointing it out. I forgot Racial body morph employs both skeleton tweaks and height tweaks in race record in .esp.