• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
MrHerp

Any advice for making custom poses/ pose packs?

I've tried playing with what tools were offered when it came to making animations and poses. While the pose packs available come with poses nicely capturing masculinity and femininity, I'd like to try making my own poses. My problem comes from my inexperience with tools like Blender, I don't know how to properly articulate the base model to get the desired results, and with all the parts and pieces, I end up pulling something out of proportion lol. If anyone has any advice on how I can git gud at articulating with Blender or present an alternative, feel free to comment.  

WhatImWorkingWith.png

ProblemsIEncounter.png

Lot of people use 3DSMax to make animations and I understand older versions like 2012 are more suited for the job but I should think there are newer/better ways. Hard to pinpoint this kind of thing. People don't often share this knowledge

As for packs, I had a guide up for a little bit on making one, but saw some things I should approach differently since my method requires making scripts. Would want to want to revise the process

I too would def also like to know if there is an easy method out there to create new animation files

5 hours ago, neutraldude said:

Lot of people use 3DSMax to make animations and I understand older versions like 2012 are more suited for the job but I should think there are newer/better ways. Hard to pinpoint this kind of thing. People don't often share this knowledge

As for packs, I had a guide up for a little bit on making one, but saw some things I should approach differently since my method requires making scripts. Would want to want to revise the process

I too would def also like to know if there is an easy method out there to create new animation files

You can only edit .hkx with max 2012 and havok content tool 2011, that’s why everybody uses these old versions

For making animations I recommend reading the tutorials provided by the maker of osex on nexus.

Edited by Kirax

6 hours ago, neutraldude said:

Ah, I see. I would love to try your guide if you choose to revise it! 

1 hour ago, Kirax said:

You can only edit .hkx with max 2012 and havok content tool 2011, that’s why everybody uses these old versions

For making animations I recommend reading the tutorials provided by the maker of osex on nexus.

Thank you for the pointer, sadly I was unsuccessful in finding CE0's tutorial... I keep finding tutorials for 3dsMax 2012, I'll give that a try and see if it yields a more desirable result. 

Thank you both for your input :D if another problem arises I'll be sure to holler!