• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
mojito817

Question : Location to Download SAM older versions?

Hello, 

I was wondering if it was possible to get an old version of SAM, pre-2.011.04.

Why?

Because, according to the changelog, that's the point where the SKSE plugin was added and I'm trying to get SAM working on SSE (for my private use).

Avoiding the plugin would make things easier, although there would probably be some problems left with nioverride...

Could anyone help me getting 2.011.03 or older ?

Thanks a lot

If you want to use SAM for Skyrim SSE, I suggest you to get SAM light and the Racemenu plugin (SAM morphs for Racemenu), both by KouLeifoh

You'll also want the SAM light (or SAM SE) armor refits in order to have the morphs work for all the vanilla and DLC armor. The packs in the download section isn't complete though. I believe the DLC armor refits are lacking the body armor section. 

If you don't use SKSE, then just get SAM light, which doesn't have the morph options, so just mesh and texture replacements. 

Edited by LittleOrca

Thanks for your answer.

I'm already using Sam light but I'm trying to get the full version working on SSE which is not possible because the SKSE DLL should be recompiled. That's why I'm trying to find an older version, one that didn't have that DLL. Would make porting Sam to SSE much easier...

54 minutes ago, mojito817 said:

Thanks for your answer.

I'm already using Sam light but I'm trying to get the full version working on SSE which is not possible because the SKSE DLL should be recompiled. That's why I'm trying to find an older version, one that didn't have that DLL. Would make porting Sam to SSE much easier...

According to the post below, even the original author (Vector) did not keep the earlier release(s) of SAM in his hand: