• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Ulfberth

Feet sinking below ground

any idea on how to fix this? my feet keep sinking into the ground whenever i load my game. Its like racemenu is not saving the leg lenght(calf) slider. i change it a bit and gets back to normal but sink again when i load the save.

ScreenShot19.thumb.png.3e9a2616a5a75704b5060272c782f2f6.png

this is how its supposed to look like (right after changing the calf slider)

ScreenShot20.thumb.png.fc275182074d5e0aa0c0d10095c86d1c.png

Any fix i can get from google is just related to hdt heels but i dont use that. Also, somehow i managed to make it work in an older save with another preset but i cant remember what i've done for it.

Do you have 2 sets of body sliders? One under "body scales" and the other under just "body"?

5 minutes ago, smidgen said:

Do you have 2 sets of body sliders? One under "body scales" and the other under just "body"?

this is everything i can get from body section

ScreenShot27.png

Hmm, maybe those were ECE sliders I was thinking of. I had a similar issue with racemenu. There were basically 2 sliders that did the same thing and the game got confused as to which ones it should load from.

HAHA!!! finally fixed, actually its a bit tricky since i forced a bug to fix the bug.
 1. After loading your game go to Racemenu set both "Calf Length" and "Thigh Length" to 0 save a preset and go back to main menu
 2. Load your save again and load the saved preset from "step 1". Your character will likely float and in my case with tiny legs (note that you must load the save which your character had an already changed value for both calf and thigh) . Save the game and go back to main menu
 3. Load your last save, open the Racemenu and change both "Calf Length" and "Thigh Length" to the desired value, in my case, Thigh - 1/ Calf - 9 (note that if your feet sink below ground after changing the value, it means it worked, congrats!). Save the game and go back to main menu
4. Load your last save and enjoy your Oversized character ;D

In the process of a lot of testing i also found another bug... both Spine and Pelvis sliders from "SAM Morphs for Racemenu" SamBody Section are not saving by anyway. I'm not sure if its a racemenu issue or from the mod itself. Guess i gotta ask Kou about it.

Edited by Ulfberth

On 12/17/2018 at 12:40 AM, Ulfberth said:

In the process of a lot of testing i also found another bug... both Spine and Pelvis sliders from "SAM Morphs for Racemenu" SamBody Section are not saving by anyway. I'm not sure if its a racemenu issue or from the mod itself. Guess i gotta ask Kou about it.

The mod itself doesn't save, don't know if it'll even be a feature, because everytime you change the skeleton with racemenu and reload your save the game tries to load the values on race menu (body scale sliders) and then aplies the other settings of the other tabs/sliders that got saved (weight, height, etc.).

In this case, that is a recurring bug that exists in racemenu (BTW, would love to know how to fix this, as this happens both in oldrim as well as SE).

It's an issue with the key used for morphs/transformations.  I'm surprised that Oldrim is affected as well.  I updated my mod to use a slightly different key for the skeleton sliders and they now properly save in both Oldrim and SE.

• Like 2

Just a quick report regarding the feet sinking below ground.
I was trying to make it work for npcs; since we can't import presets to npcs i had to develop another method. So here what i've found, an alternative way to fix the sinking, but first something i realized -> 

*Adjusting Leg to Body Proportion (deprecated) at same time with both Leg Length (Thigh) and Leg Length (Calf), kinda corrupts your character so you must adjust them once at time

*To make things work your character must sink his feet before you save the game, or else, it sinks when you load. So that's simple, sink before saving to not sink on load.

*Adjust Left Thigh, Right Thigh, Left Calf and Right Calf in conjunction with Leg Length (Thigh) and Leg Lenght (Calf) forces your character to sink your feet. If you just adjust Leg Lenght Calf and Thigh you character dont sink his feet which means if you load the game, he will.
With that being said, in my example lets say i have some slider goals -> Left and Right Thigh (1.4) / Left and Right Calf (1.5) / Left and Right Foot + Left and Right Toes (1.2)/ Leg to Body Proportion (Deprecated) (0.87) / Leg Lenght (Calf) and (Thigh) (10). So the steps would be: 

1. Adjust the following sliders > Left and Right Thigh (1.4) / Left and Right Calf (1.5) / Left and Right Foot + Left and Right Toes (1.2)/  Leg Lenght (Calf) and (Thigh) (10) [Note that i didn't touch  Leg to Body Proportion (Deprecated) yet]. Your character must sink his feet.

2. After that exit Racemenu, open it again and adjust the last slider to -> Leg to Body Proportion (Deprecated) (0.87). Even after that your character must have his feet sunk.

3. Exit Racemenu, save the game, load it and there you have it!!! Well don't ask me why, it just works...

"Hey Ulf... but your settings make your character's feet float instead", not a problem... SAM Body tab (SAM Morphs For Racemenu) has a slider called "Pelvis" with that one you can make the feet touch the ground again.

Edited by Ulfberth