• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Napodan

[request] Stormcloak refit for sam light

Hi,

Does someone know if there is a mod with stormcloak refit for sam light. I use the poly conversion meshes and my whiterun guard have weird arm. If the refit mod doesn't exist, can someone tell me how to do it myself.

I already try to replace the MaleBody by the SAMbody with nifskope (and it works for the arms) but now the armor is too small for the body: the upperarm and the "calf" are wrong. I don't know how to modify them and with which tool.

Oh, I haven't noticed that Rhavik's vanilla armor SE conversion package does not include this armor.

I'll perhaps do the refit that is compatible with the latest SE, but I'll have been unfortunately occupied until Thursday (so you have to wait for at least three days).

On the other hand, you have to use Outfitstudio (not the latest, but v 4.6.1 or earlier) to refit it to SAM by yourself.

The basic procedure for how to refit armor to SAM can be found below:

You may also have to check this topic to avoide the possible visual glitch:

Edited by y_sengaku
Added/ modified a link

Why not just using sse optimizer to convert the LE version to SE instead?

Edited by Ulfberth

37 minutes ago, Ulfberth said:

Why not just using sse optimizer to convert the LE version to SE instead?

AFAIK there is only one version of Stormcloak armor refit has been released even for LE, namely from SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits in the default download section of SAM.

In order to make it compatible with the latest Racemenu SE, we have to update its .tri morph (by Outfitstudio) as well as meshes themselves (by SSE Optimizer).

I'm also not so sure whether the modification/ conversion of SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits (into another game, technically speaking) and its publication is allowed (if it is OK, someone would have worked the converted/ bug fixed of the refits much earlier than my 'crude fixes/ refit' packages in this fall). To avoid this unclear permission issue, I made it a rule to work directly with vanilla original / USLEEP meshes.

13 hours ago, Napodan said:

Hi,

Does someone know if there is a mod with stormcloak refit for sam light. I use the poly conversion meshes and my whiterun guard have weird arm. If the refit mod doesn't exist, can someone tell me how to do it myself.

I already try to replace the MaleBody by the SAMbody with nifskope (and it works for the arms) but now the armor is too small for the body: the upperarm and the "calf" are wrong. I don't know how to modify them and with which tool.

Here you are the test version for SE:

stormcloaks_sam_se_test.7z

If you find any problem, please make a notice here to me.

Without any problem, I'll incorporate these meshes and .tri files into my crude hot fixes.

21 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

Here you are the test version for SE:

stormcloaks_sam_se_test.7z

If you find any problem, please make a notice here to me.

Without any problem, I'll incorporate these meshes and .tri files into my crude hot fixes.

I just test it now (and the one in the last update of your mod)

They both work fine. I look to several whiterun guard with no problem.

I have an other question: I use "Sam high poly conversion" with V2 meshes. I patched your "blindmothpriestsandals" and "prisonershoes" to use toenails. Have you plan to update your mods for "Sam high poly conversion" with V2 meshes? Maybe, I can upload my patch somewhere (if someone needs it).

13 hours ago, Napodan said:

'llThey both work fine. I look to several whiterun guard with no problem.I have an other question: I use "Sam high poly conversion" with V2 meshes. I patched your "blindmothpriestsandals" and "prisonershoes" to use toenails. Have you plan to update your mods for "Sam high poly conversion" with V2 meshes? Maybe, I can upload my patch somewhere (if someone needs it).

Thank you for testing. I've checked only Stormcloak camps, Haafingar (Dragon Bridge) as well as Hjaalmarch (Morthal), and together with your test in Whiterun, I suppose that  the texture set for guard armor is fully compatible with the tweaked meshes.

As for your second testing, I haven't thought (thus not planned so far) that possiblilty due to the two factors: The first is just my laptop is too crappy to run Skyrim either in LE or in SE with high poly, and the second is most of the vanilla outfit mesh is too low poly to harmonize with the high poly body mesh, I think.

You're free to modify the meshes from 'crude hot fixes' and publish the tweaked ones, however, and I can also update the morph with high poly mesh, too.

Edited by y_sengaku

13 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

however, and I can also update the morph with high poly mesh, too.

What do you mean by that ? As a background, I'm a newbie in mod stuff: there are a lot of word I don't really understand. I'm trying to refit some armor by myself (I found one tuto for sam full). My refit of the stormcloak armor works even if it doesn't look as good as yours. Now, I'm trying to remove underwear to the fur armor. The result is weird. I tried to use "Sam action man for the conversion" but I guess it isn't compatible with high poly. I try to understand when I must use Nifskope or when I must used outfit studio.

About outfit studio, I don't know if I must use the samson/samuel slider to brush the armor. In SAM light we only use _0/_1.nif. And what about the other sliders. How must I use them? I only start modding last week, and there are a lot left to learn.

4 hours ago, Napodan said:

What do you mean by that ? As a background, I'm a newbie in mod stuff: there are a lot of word I don't really understand. I'm trying to refit some armor by myself (I found one tuto for sam full). My refit of the stormcloak armor works even if it doesn't look as good as yours. Now, I'm trying to remove underwear to the fur armor. The result is weird. I tried to use "Sam action man for the conversion" but I guess it isn't compatible with high poly. I try to understand when I must use Nifskope or when I must used outfit studio.

About outfit studio, I don't know if I must use the samson/samuel slider to brush the armor. In SAM light we only use _0/_1.nif. And what about the other sliders. How must I use them? I only start modding last week, and there are a lot left to learn.

First of all, don't your 'SAM Light (SE)' mean 'SAM Light plus SAM Morphs for Racemenu'? 

Unless you wish to use the latter (SAM Morphs for Racemenu), you certainly don't have to tweak anything .tri file or samson/ samuel as you described above (though not fully compatible (fit), the vanilla outfit would function without serious glitch, that means that you don't need any additional refit for SAM light). SAM Light itself is just a basic (though high poly one) male body replacer like SoS - light or even Better Males, but it does not provide in-game customizable morphing (body shape customization) as many people here would like to tweak. What SAM light distinguishes from other male body replacer is the compatibility with this in-game morphing function, provided by SAM Morphs for Racemenu.

I'm not sure whether you know about the basic mechnic of SAM (as well as SAM Morphs for Racemenu) and its requirement.

1. SAM (and SAM Morphs) adds Samson (muscle)/ Samuel (fat) extra silders for our customization by using .tri morph file (for SE, they are included in SAM Morphs' package) in-game morph support, based on Racemenu/ NIOverride. That's also why SAM had been said to incompatible with Skyrim SE (cannot been converted) without SKSE64/ Racemenu SE in the beginning. 
  2. .tri morph file enables the mesh file (.nif) to morph additionally in game. In vanilla Skyrim (as well as Skyrim SE), .tri morph files are mainly used in face animatiions (Reference: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Working_with_Skyrim_head_TRIs). The most importance things about this .tri file is, however, the basic correspondence between .nif and .tri files ( as the correspondence between  _0.nif and _1.nif) in my understanding: .tri files actually defines how each vertices of the meshes are morphing in game, so it should be  custom-made for each .nif file. 
  3. Thus, To replace the meshes with its high poly variant without the matching .tri files or to add/ remove the subpart of the mesh would just break this necessary correspondence. At least I understand so, and that's why it is so difficult to make an alternate high poly head mesh for Skyrim (it would require the wholly new racial morphs as well as face animation morphs exactly for the new .nif file only). In short, You also in principle have to re-build your .tri file corresponding with the tweaked mesh every time you edit the meshes of the refit outfit
  4. Outfitstudio (older than v 4.6.1) is required to build/ tweak this .tri file that is also compatible with the latest Racemenu SE. I know there may be another method to build .tri file and you have seemingly read some articles (as your mention of 'Sam action man' suggests) on it, but it is outdated now (at least not compatible with Racemenu SE). There are actually two variants for how to use Outfitstudio to build .tri files, but only the new method (its premise is shown in the link I previously posted above) really works with SE.
  5. As for your request for high-poly feet mesh compatible version, Kou's high poly feet mesh v2 has not only higher vertices count (many additional vertices), but also  additional sub-part (BStrishape/ Nitrishape) of the mesh for the toenails. They requires different .tri file than the original one for proper morphing.

Sorry for not-so-easy to read/ to understand my text above. I'm neither native in English nor in 3d mesh tweak in game.

Edited by y_sengaku
typo fixes

I'm roughly 80% done with my own vanilla refits for high poly SAM.  Gloves and boots are done, but there are a few armor and 1st person models left to do.  My refits will be added to high poly SAM as part of the installer in a future update.  Making the armor high poly would be very time consuming since it also requires redoing the weights.

At the same time, I was also working on a "new" high poly hand mesh with fingernails.  It looks much better than my current one.  This is a screenshot of the refitted Whiterun cuirass (same mesh as Stormcloak's) with high poly SAM body and the new hand mesh.

sc0.thumb.jpg.74ebe907afeac8332a1664a64c202d22.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

First of all, don't your 'SAM Light (SE)' mean 'SAM Light plus SAM Morphs for Racemenu'?

You're right, I'm using SAM Morphs for racemenu too.

the vanilla outfit would function without serious glitch, that means that you don't need any additional refit for SAM light). 

I have installed all the refit armor/clothes I found. Wihtout them, all armor with visible body have some glitch.

3. Thus, To replace the meshes with its high poly variant without the matching .tri files or to add/ remove the subpart of the mesh would just break this necessary correspondence. At least I understand so, and that's why it is so difficult to make an alternate high poly head mesh for Skyrim (it would require the wholly new racial morphs as well as face animation morphs exactly for the new .nif file only). In short, You also in principle have to re-build your .tri file corresponding with the tweaked mesh every time you edit the meshes of the refit outfit

That's why my shoes may look weird (those I refitted with high poly) and every time I try to replace the SAM body by the high poly one, that doesn't fit.

1. Outfitstudio (older than v 4.6.1) is required to build/ tweak this .tri file that is also compatible with the latest Racemenu SE. I know there may be another method to build .tri file and you have seemingly read some articles (as your mention of 'Sam action man' suggests) on it, but it is outdated now (at least not compatible with Racemenu SE). There are actually two variants for how to use Outfitstudio to build .tri files, but only the new method (its premise is shown in the link I previously posted above) really works with SE.

My mistake: I have read those link but think they were more difficult to understand than the tuto I found (who is obsolete if I understand you correctly). I manage with this tuto to make an no-underwear version of fur armor but I gave up: my pc always start with an erection which you can see threw the armor. But it was fun trying to reffit this armor.

As for your request for high-poly feet mesh compatible version, Kou's high poly feet mesh v2 has not only higher vertices count (many additional vertices), but also  additional sub-part (BStrishape/ Nitrishape) of the mesh for the toenails. They requires different .tri file than the original one for proper morphing. 

Can I use the malefeet.tri from high poly and use it whith outfitstudio ? I will try your links with my two shoes.

Sorry for not-so-easy to read/ to understand my text above. I'm neither native in English nor in 3d mesh tweak in game.

I learn a lot of with your post, more than I have for days. Thanks very much for your answers. I'm not an English native too. It's difficult for me too.

10 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

I'm roughly 80% done with my own vanilla refits for high poly SAM.  Gloves and boots are done, but there are a few armor and 1st person models left to do.  My refits will be added to high poly SAM as part of the installer in a future update.  Making the armor high poly would be very time consuming since it also requires redoing the weights.

At the same time, I was also working on a "new" high poly hand mesh with fingernails.  It looks much better than my current one.  This is a screenshot of the refitted Whiterun cuirass (same mesh as Stormcloak's) with high poly SAM body and the new hand mesh.

sc0.thumb.jpg.74ebe907afeac8332a1664a64c202d22.jpg

I love that fingers. I will wait until your release.

6 hours ago, Napodan said:

Can I use the malefeet.tri from high poly and use it whith outfitstudio ? I will try your links with my two shoes.

Absolutely yes. Ok, I took screenshots to illustrate some points in your tweaking the shoes (sandals) to high poly SAM body.

(Whole album): https://imgur.com/a/gcZgpo2

The basic process should be as listed below:

[Preparation part]

1. Copy (Back up) high poly male feet mesh (both malefeet_0.nif/ _1.nif as well as its malefeet.tri), and check inside the meshes (1st SS).
  2. Open copied high poly malefeet_0 (1).nif (1), and remove 1: DecalPlacementVectorExtraData effect node from 0 (1).nif (that defines how it looks with the splattered blood if I understand correctly, unnecessary for the outfit), then save the tweaked mesh as malefeet_ref_0 (1).nif or something like that. I recommend you to use this tweaked high poly feet mesh file for reference mesh of Outfitstudio (SAM refit).
  3. Prepare the high poly feet part for sandals: Open malefeet_ref_0 (1).nif AND MY crude refit's blindmothpriestsandalsm_0 (1).nif as well. Check the latter closely (2nd SS). Under SAMFeet_outfit NiTriShape ([Corrected]: BSTriShape in SE optimized mesh: Please also read below as BSTriShape as well) sub-part that should be replaced for high poly feet, you can find the original .tri file name and the path to it in NiStringExtraData>String Data: dlc01\clothes\blindmothpriest\blindmothpriestsandalsm.tri. You have to copy it from the original SAMFeet_outfit NiTriShape sub-part of blindmothpriestsandalsm_0 (1).nif to the new high poly feet mesh subpart, otherwise the high poly mesh would try to find its older .tri file (for high poly feet mesh only) and things would get weird. Replace the feet NiStringExtraData's path with the String Data from sandal's low poly mesh (3rd SS), then save it as high_poly_malefeet_for_mothpriestsandalsm_0 (1).nif or something like that. 

[Working Part in Nifskope]

1. Open both the blindmothpriestsandalsm_0 (1).nif and the working file high_poly_malefeet_for_mothpriestsandalsm_0 (1).nif.
  2. Remove low poly SAMFeet_outfit NiTrishape sub-part (by right click>Block>Remove blanch) first from the former mesh, then copy & paste SAMFeets & toenail NitriShape subpart from the latter into the former (4th SS).
  3. After copy & paste, save it as blindmothpriestsandalsm_0 (1).nif. This is the new high poly refit mesh.
  4. You should perform this 1-3 procedure for _1.nif as well.
  5. (For some outfit meshes, the order of NiTriShape subparts of the mesh (Before: SAMFeet_outbody->sandals vs After: sandals->SAMFeet->toenails) should also be taken into consideration for color variants (Texture Sets), but for this sandal, the difference in order means virtually nothing. Just ignore it.)

[Working Part in Outfitstudio]: re-building the morph file matching the new high poly refit mesh

1. Open Outfitstudio, then select File>New Project: First, you have to choose high poly malefeet_ref_1.nif (see 1 of Preparation part) as a reference, then, choose the tweaked blindmothpriestsandalsm_1.nif as an outfit.
  2. Once loaded both reference and outfit, you have to import high poly malefeet_0 (1).nif's matching .tri file from: Slider>Import .tri morphs. After Click to confirm, the two new sliders will be shown in the right column of Outfitstudio (5th SS). What you have to do in Outfitstudio for re-building the .tri morph file is to adapt these sliders/ morphs from the reference mesh to all the subpart of the outfit mesh (Conforming process below).
  3. How to conform sliders to the outfit mesh: First, click the pencil icon left to each sliders to turn the (Samson) slider in to edit mode (marked in purple in the c5th SS). Then, press CTRL+Shift+C to 'conform all', that is to say, apply the new slider/ morph to the whole outfit mesh. You may notice that the marker of the slider that had been set the right end in the beginning of edit mode move to the left end after pressing 'conform all (CTRL+Shift+C)'. This show the completion of conforming process. Once the process finished, click the pencil icon of the slider again to turn off the edit mode of the slider.
  4. You have to perform the same conform process as (3) also for Samuel slider.
  5. After conforming these two sliders, you can check how the mesh will be morphed in accordance with these two Samson/ Samuel slider value by moving their markers.
  6. Now, you should re-build the .tri file for blindmothpriestsandalsm_0 (1).nif by exporting the new .tri file, namely from: Sliders>Export .tri morphs....(6th SS). Be sure to save (overwrite?) .tri file with the same name/ path as stated in String Data of NiTriShape subpart (or, as it was the same as the original one).
  7. Finally, you came to last (though I assume you takes only 10 to 15 minutes to conduct this process):  Save new _1.nif by File>Export to Nif (overwrite the old _1.nif).

Thus, you have got the new _0.nif, _1.nif, and further, the matching new .tri file for the SAM refit sandals with high poly feet mesh. 

I attach hereby the sample high poly refit of mothpriestsandalsm, made in course of taking these SSs above, for the comparison (I worked with LE, but the meshes have been optimized for SE after the refit).

hp_mothsandal_se_for_comparison.7z

Please feel free to inspect them with yours to study the process described above.

If you have any difficulty or question, I hope I'll be available at least once in 24h around the end of 2018/ the beginning of 2019.

Edited by y_sengaku
typo fixes

I will take a look at this tuto. Thanks very much. I will have no time until next week (daughter holidays). So have a nice ending year.

• Like 1