• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
Argnog

SAM Light help

So i recently saw that SAM is incompatible with SSE right now due to the nioverride.dll being out of date. I tried installing the SAM light version but it doesn't change anything. If i install the oldrim SAM everything shows up but my textures are messed up (nioverride again). So how come my SAM Light isnt working?

26 minutes ago, Argnog said:

So i recently saw that SAM is incompatible with SSE right now due to the nioverride.dll being out of date. I tried installing the SAM light version but it doesn't change anything. If i install the oldrim SAM everything shows up but my textures are messed up (nioverride again). So how come my SAM Light isnt working?

What's the problem with nioverride? The main problem with SE is the Sam DLL. The papyrus scripts can be easily modified to avoid it. I asked vectorplexus the permission to do it but never received an answer.

Anyway, Sam light simply replaces the vanilla meshes and textures so it should work without problems. Try placing it in the lowest load order.

The best way to approach Sam full on SE is sos by replacing the meshes and  textures with the ones from Sam light +  Sam racemenu sliders. Racial body morphs SE https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81201?tab=files gives good results too.

Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, mojito817 said:

What's the problem with nioverride? The main problem with SE is the Sam DLL. The papyrus scripts can be easily modified to avoid it. I asked vectorplexus the permission to do it but never received an answer.

Anyway, Sam light simply replaces the vanilla meshes and textures so it should work without problems. Try placing it in the lowest load order.

The best way to approach Sam full on SE is sos by replacing the meshes and  textures with the ones from Sam light +  Sam racemenu sliders. Racial body morphs SE https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81201?tab=files gives good results too.

Hope this helps.

When I install SAM full, I load into game and it says "niooverride.dll is missing or out if date." That DLL is already installed in race menu but you have to have the oldrim race menu, which doesnt work with se. So the SAM cant recognize the SE racemenu dll and therefore textures are broken. Also, how do I make the bodies with SAM have hair? That's the one thing I don't like about SAM is the bodies look like plastic

SAM Light is just mesh and texture replacer. not sure how it could possibly not work. If you're using full SAM with SSE then yeah, don't do that.

18 hours ago, Argnog said:

When I install SAM full, I load into game and it says "niooverride.dll is missing or out if date." That DLL is already installed in race menu but you have to have the oldrim race menu, which doesnt work with se. So the SAM cant recognize the SE racemenu dll and therefore textures are broken. Also, how do I make the bodies with SAM have hair? That's the one thing I don't like about SAM is the bodies look like plastic

it's simply because the version numbers don't match between LE and SE. I had to remove that version check to get it working in SE. All the NiOverride functions used in SAM do work in SE but you must have some solid Papyrus knowledge to get the whole thing working.

Sam morphs for RaceMenu has body hair overlays :

)