• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Coutrot

Trying to install a 3rd party skin texture for SAM...

i'm not sure where it says that, but in any case the mod you are trying to use says:

Requirements: 
S.A.M. - Shape Atlas for Men by VectorPlexus (and of course all it's requirements) + the original HD texture mod for SAM - REGISTRATION REQUIRED!

So make sure you have the default textures installed and loaded before these textures.

28 minutes ago, air said:

i'm not sure where it says that, but in any case the mod you are trying to use says:

So make sure you have the default textures installed and loaded before these textures.

I tried that but what happened was the HD texture was used rather than the 3rd party texture, as if I didn't even have the 3rd party texture installed at all.

17 minutes ago, Coutrot said:

I tried that but what happened was the HD texture was used rather than the 3rd party texture, as if I didn't even have the 3rd party texture installed at all.

The Skysight Skins for SAM mod is just normal maps for samson and samuel. The normal maps are basically just what makes the skin look more or less vascular or muscular. You won't see it show unless the character has some decent amount of samson or samuel on them. The diffuse textures (think of it like the skin itself and the bodyhair) should come from HD texture mod. If you don't have it installed (or another set of compatible diffuse textures), then you won't have any diffuse textures and you will get purple bodies like what you saw.

Edited by air

18 minutes ago, air said:

The Skysight Skins for SAM mod is just normal maps for samson and samuel. The normal maps are basically just what makes the skin look more or less vascular or muscular. You won't see it show unless the character has some decent amount of samson or samuel on them. The diffuse textures (think of it like the skin itself and the bodyhair) should come from HD texture mod. If you don't have it installed (or another set of compatible diffuse textures), then you won't have any diffuse textures and you will get purple bodies like what you saw.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your help!