• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Hello everyone, 

After long hours of scouring every forum on this site trying to find a direct step by step guide on making custom followers sam compatible i have still yet to find anything that briefly explains the whole process  and so i'm writing this as my last resort of help and with that being said im begging for anyone to please come to my aid and help me work this out cause i cant keep dwelling on this forever, thank you.

The followers i'm trying to convert (both have similar directories): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87669/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/93081

87669-1531735515-453044300.jpeg

93081-1535380695-1823853292.jpeg

You can do everything purely with TES5 edit. The most incompatibilities comes from different "SkinNaked" and custom "Race" assignment through its plugin.

Try this thread right here: 

and if your follower has a custom race (any race that's not vanilla) written in its plugin try these steps too (note in this guide i was trying to make azog Sam compatible which the custom race is whiteorc, not vanilla):

1. Expand Race section > left click on WhiteOrc ... 2. Left click on WNAM - Skin line press f2 and type SkinNaked, your TESVEdit/SSEdit will automatically find you the record (SkinNaked for standard Human Race body assets) then press enter
unknown.png?width=400&height=225

3. this is how it looks like

4. scroll down till you find the ANAM - Male Skeletal Model line, left click on it then press f2 and type the following directory: actors\Character\Character Assets\Skeleton.nif

5. Like This

Lemme know if you got any questions

Edited by Ulfberth

2 hours ago, Ulfberth said:

You can do everything purely with TES5 edit. The most incompatibilities comes from different "SkinNaked" and custom "Race" assignment through its plugin.

Try this thread right here: 

and if your follower has a custom race (any race that's not vanilla) written in its plugin try these steps too (note in this guide i was trying to make azog Sam compatible which the custom race is whiteorc, not vanilla):

1. Expand Race section > left click on WhiteOrc ... 2. Left click on WNAM - Skin line press f2 and type SkinNaked, your TESVEdit/SSEdit will automatically find you the record (SkinNaked for standard Human Race body assets) then press enter

3. this is how it looks like

4. scroll down till you find the ANAM - Male Skeletal Model line, left click on it then press f2 and type the following directory: actors\Character\Character Assets\Skeleton.nif

5. Like This

Lemme know if you got any questions

omg thanks so much it finally worked however i was wondering if there's a way i could match the skin tone of the head with the rest of the body

4 hours ago, sogewls said:

omg thanks so much it finally worked however i was wondering if there's a way i could match the skin tone of the head with the rest of the body

Glad to hear i could help.

So i investigated its files and looks like your follower is using FemaleHeand.nif as referenced in NonPlayerCharacter record inside of the plugin. if you open the FemaleHead.nif included in the mod file you'll also find that its using a different texture and most probably, incompatible with SAM body Textures. If you compare both sam head textures with the female textures included in its mod you'll see how different they are. So if you have the skills you can try to adapt the female head texture to match SAM standards using SAM Head texture as a template. IF you don't have the texture skills so you just gotta change the directory to malehead instead of female head but that might change a bit of your character face, cus female head is way different from the male head

To change that you can just open the follower plugin browse to : HeadPart>aaaMaleHeadAlbert and you'll get this

image.thumb.png.8ea930f8c97192ddf7e48992719ced9b.png

as you can see, the plugin is getting its own head files included in the mod, so you got to change it to Vanilla standards it'll look like this after that

image.thumb.png.48b164ff4efeed3d0dd57f950c4d8fb5.png

15 hours ago, Ulfberth said:

Glad to hear i could help.

So i investigated its files and looks like your follower is using FemaleHeand.nif as referenced in NonPlayerCharacter record inside of the plugin. if you open the FemaleHead.nif included in the mod file you'll also find that its using a different texture and most probably, incompatible with SAM body Textures. If you compare both sam head textures with the female textures included in its mod you'll see how different they are. So if you have the skills you can try to adapt the female head texture to match SAM standards using SAM Head texture as a template. IF you don't have the texture skills so you just gotta change the directory to malehead instead of female head but that might change a bit of your character face, cus female head is way different from the male head

To change that you can just open the follower plugin browse to : HeadPart>aaaMaleHeadAlbert and you'll get this

image.thumb.png.8ea930f8c97192ddf7e48992719ced9b.png

as you can see, the plugin is getting its own head files included in the mod, so you got to change it to Vanilla standards it'll look like this after that

image.thumb.png.48b164ff4efeed3d0dd57f950c4d8fb5.png

it didn't quite work how i thought it would but it still looked great at the end thanks alot for your help you really saved me the hassle

• Hyper! 1