Jump to content
  • Create an account

    Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

S34N

XSoldier Compatibility

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone I thought that a thread that details compatibility issues that XSoldier has with other mods would be a good idea.

Anyway there is a compatibility issue with The Leader Pack mod by LongWar Studios. The issue comes from the fact that they both use the same menu slot in the Guerrilla Tactics School, so your soldiers can't workout.  That seems to be the only issue, so as there is not CTD when they are used simultaneously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest the following test:

- Start a new game with XSoldier only

- Build the GTS first as soon as possible dont do missions or anything, just to let the time go by

- When the GTS is build, save, and restart the game with the Leader Pack mod.

 

Tell me what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Vector said:

I would suggest the following test:

- Start a new game with XSoldier only

- Build the GTS first as soon as possible dont do missions or anything, just to let the time go by

- When the GTS is build, save, and restart the game with the Leader Pack mod.

 

Tell me what happens

Ok I tried this and the issue that I described still happens unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh ok... I think I understand why, now that I'm thinking how maybe The Leader Pack works...

 

in that case, I doubt any other mod will be compatible with The Leader Pack. All I know about that mod, is that Amnimeri (or whatever do you spell her name) done it so the mod can be used at any point in the game, but she's the person beyond all the XCOM modding which required super programming knowledges, which I dont have...

 

In my case what I do, not only just works if the facility isnt build yet, but also makes a check on the other hand, on how many Staff slots the facility has, and then adds +1. My actual guess is that Amnimeri (again, whatever her name is) would do the +1 aswell, that would allow them both to co-exist?

 

I'm just speculating and I'm probably entirely wrong because I suck at coding!!!!

 

PS-You're triggering my OCD... two threads you made, and on both mispelled Soldier... almost tempted to edit the posts myself LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, Vector said:

oh ok... I think I understand why, now that I'm thinking how maybe The Leader Pack works...

 

in that case, I doubt any other mod will be compatible with The Leader Pack. All I know about that mod, is that Amnimeri (or whatever do you spell her name) done it so the mod can be used at any point in the game, but she's the person beyond all the XCOM modding which required super programming knowledges, which I dont have...

 

In my case what I do, not only just works if the facility isnt build yet, but also makes a check on the other hand, on how many Staff slots the facility has, and then adds +1. My actual guess is that Amnimeri (again, whatever her name is) would do the +1 aswell, that would allow them both to co-exist?

 

I'm just speculating and I'm probably entirely wrong because I suck at coding!!!!

 

PS-You're triggering my OCD... two threads you made, and on both mispelled Soldier... almost tempted to edit the posts myself LOL

I just realized that the title is misspelled, I don't know how to edit Thread titles, so if you want to change it, you are free to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont use that mod, that mod, is... bad. since last patch, Firaxis changed the way heads work, and most likely that mod was not updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an incompatibility with the mod "Not so super solier".

This is a mod that allows to use various head meshes dedicated to NPC (bradford, Thygan, ...). The name of these faces are displayed in the soldier customization screen, but everytime I select these, the game crashes. (without Xsoldier, everything works). Any idea ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, eric78 said:

I have an incompatibility with the mod "Not so super solier".

This is a mod that allows to use various head meshes dedicated to NPC (bradford, Thygan, ...). The name of these faces are displayed in the soldier customization screen, but everytime I select these, the game crashes. (without Xsoldier, everything works). Any idea ?

uh... I'm sure my mod "unlocks" those heads aswell (well kinda, its a bit hard to explain) but I can imagine a reason for crashing. The mod you are talking about, is probably just INI stuff, remove the INI entries that refer to Central and Tygan, and should prevent the crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vector said:

 

uh... I'm sure my mod "unlocks" those heads aswell (well kinda, its a bit hard to explain) but I can imagine a reason for crashing. The mod you are talking about, is probably just INI stuff, remove the INI entries that refer to Central and Tygan, and should prevent the crash.

Ok I'm going to check that and I let you know.

I never had Bradford face or Thygan's available with XSoldier - only Bradford's haircut (+Chris Redfield+Dustin face ofc). BTW I always played XCOM with XSoldier and when I disabled the mod, the soldiers faces available were not the same (some more, or the race/face association changed). Maybe the Firaxis updates/DLC messed with the heads ref ? (I only have Alien Hunter DLC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, eric78 said:

Ok I'm going to check that and I let you know.

I never had Bradford face or Thygan's available with XSoldier - only Bradford's haircut (+Chris Redfield+Dustin face ofc). BTW I always played XCOM with XSoldier and when I disabled the mod, the soldiers faces available were not the same (some more, or the race/face association changed). Maybe the Firaxis updates/DLC messed with the heads ref ? (I only have Alien Hunter DLC)

Thats the "hard to explain" part... lets see if you can understand whats happening...

The head shapes are made with two methods... They are fully rigged (as in other Firaxis games like Civilization) and part of the shape is controlled by bones, and the other part is Morph Targets. Because UDK is a tool to mostly develop, it does not allow Morph Exports, and even when exporting the mesh, it gets the vertex count/order wrong, its impossible to recover the vanilla heads (at least partially). So I had to make a decision... discard all morphs, or XSoldier would not be possible. The head differences on XSoldier is just the skeleton/rigged part, and I do plan in the future, to re-do the morphs the best as I can, but its about 24 different heads, so... will take a while. Because the head mesh is now actually a different mesh, thats what causes it to crash, because its trying to load/unload mismatching meshes/morphs. You can also reproduce the crash, if you cycle very fast through the different body parts, although I did the best to minimize that problem.

I did contacted Ryan McFall (XCOM 2 lead programmer) to see if he could help me on getting a workable/importable mesh, but I'm not sure he fully understood the issue at hand, which is understandable, because Firaxis has all the source files, so they never need to export anything, they only import, thus, maybe they dont really realize whats the problem and its impossble for modders to create new head models based of the existing ones. They did however, changed how heads work when the Alien Hunters DLC was launched, after I talked with Ryan about how it was almost impossible to add even new heads, even new meshes, so at least we can do that now, BUT... with issues, like the game crashing. I'm not sure if I ever called Ryan's attention to that issue, but like he told me... working with morphs is a world of pain, not sure if they would take the effort to try to fix it, specially because AFAIK, no modders are doing new heads (making heads as parts doesnt count for this context).

Even if they "fix" the issue, it would mean for me to re-do all over again... and I'm not going back. It was a very hard decision for me to make when I started to develop the mod and came to the conclusion that it would be a one way to go, without any chances of return.

I was almost pretty sure I enabled Bradford and Central on the INI, but I'll check it later, maybe I've missed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vector said:

I was almost pretty sure I enabled Bradford and Central on the INI, but I'll check it later, maybe I've missed them.

yup i think you missed them, its nowhere to be found in my game, race 0 and head template right on costumize menu? or you put their head somewhere else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 7SinGula said:

yup i think you missed them, its nowhere to be found in my game, race 0 and head template right on costumize menu? or you put their head somewhere else?

Yeah I'm trying to add them now, although it should be simple, its not working for some odd reason...

EDIT: I figured what was I doing wrong, will be uploading new version within 15 mins or so

EDIT2: ok now I remember why I havent included them... they were never meant to be used over a bare torso, there are either baked shadows (on Tygan) or skin colour causes a seam (on Central), I will need to re-work on the Textures and Materials for them to become usable =P

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm trying to make Long War 2 work with XSoldier.
The conflicting part is with the Officer Training School staff slots, Long War 2 deletes every slot and add their features into it.
Do you guys know if you can modify code directly to stop conflicts from happening with the source code that we got?

Is that in the .u file or the .uc files?
Also do I need to make a new game to see the changes?

Thanks for the help guys :)
 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hippo1263

Sorry for the VERY late reply to this, I've been mostly absent... I have never tested with LW2 extensively, but I'm aware of the problem, and looked at the code. I dont think I will ever make it compatible:

  • LW2 method of implementing new staff slots is "better" than mine, as it works on any save. However, judging by the code of LW2 this same method "wipe" cleans the staff slots, and rebuilds them. In order to have XSoldier compatible with LW2 there needs to be a specific version, and I will probably not do that
  • My method, only works before building the GTS/AWC, but simply "adds" to what already exists
  • I dont know if both methods can be "merged"
  • Staff slots have had some work done on the base code in WotC (maybe to allow several mods, to add several Staff Slots, dunno, havent fully checked it) and I think thats one of the reasons its crashing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries, I did end up making a hacked version of the mod so that it adds the staff slots to the UFO Defense building to make sure nobody else did any overrides on it.

But yeah, thanks for the reply! I'm happy that you're back modding XCOM :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have a new query for you guys.

Curently, my game CTD at launch when I have both Xsoldier and the MCM mod enabled. My game crashes only when both of them are enabled at the same time. I can use the MCM mod fine, only when Xsoldier is disabled (and vice-versa). All of my other mods work fine with any of them.

Since I believe I'm the first to report this problem, I don't know if it's really a compatibility issue or it has to do with my computer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KingdomVelvet said:

Hello, I have a new query for you guys.

Curently, my game CTD at launch when I have both Xsoldier and the MCM mod enabled. My game crashes only when both of them are enabled at the same time. I can use the MCM mod fine, only when Xsoldier is disabled (and vice-versa). All of my other mods work fine with any of them.

Since I believe I'm the first to report this problem, I don't know if it's really a compatibility issue or it has to do with my computer...

Update: I have fixed my problem!!

Basically, by downloading the alternate mod manager, I found out that, because I subscribed to the mods "MCM Legacy" and "MCM WOTC", the game concidered them as duplicates and it couldn't run when only one of them was disable/activated. So what I did was to unsubscribe from all of my WOTC mods for now (I'm not playing the DLC yet anyway) and now it works!

The only weird thing now, is that this problem only surfaced when I was playing with XSoldier activated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there!

So I was browsing through workshop, and I found a mod called "Legacy Customize Soldier Size." What it seems to do is function just like the setscale command does in Skyrim. However, it doesn't synergize too well with XSoldier, I think. As the LCSS suggested, I downloaded the Highlander "thing" too, and it seems to be the thing letting muscles continue to scale from XSoldier. The sizes show when customizing soldiers in the Armory due to LCSS, but on the battlefield, things are still normal-scale. Nothing's changed. When I take the Highlander mod out of the equation, things scale appropriately, but there are no muscles. :C

The only two tries I've done have been with the Highlander mod thing checked and unchecked, and gave me the results stated above.

Any clue as to a fix or what it may be...? 

I'm immensely satisfied with XSoldier as is, and if I can't have the soldiers scaled up, oh well. (If there's another way to do it, though, let me know!)

P.S. I'm using the MCM and all the fixings, and I only have that, Highlander, and XSoldier mods installed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×