• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

Posted (edited)

Refitting Guide for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

In this guide I'll be sharing a relatively simple method to refit armors for SAM. What makes this method "simple?" Well, using this method we can create the _0.nif for almost no extra work at all, effectively halving the workload.

Quick disclaimer - I have no background in this stuff. It's completely possible that my guide may have unnecessary steps or alternatively may not be thorough enough. I am not claiming this method to be the best way to refit armors. There are many ways to do it and this is the one that works for me.

Quick disclaimer #2 - The high poly body mesh may or may not still be actively receiving updates by its author. If the number of vertices in the high poly meshes ever changes, the HighPoly.tri file in this tutorial isn't going to work and I'll have to update it. I doubt the normal SAM meshes will ever receive updates from now on so that one should be okay to use indefinitely.

With all that taken care of....Before we begin, you'll need to have some things ready:

• BodySlide and Outfit Studio (Version 4.6.0 or lower)
  • NifSkope (the latest version, 2.0 Dev 7 at the time of writing this guide)
  • SAMNormal.tri 
  • SAM body meshes
    • Specifically, you need malebody_1.nif, malehands_1.nif, and malefeet_1.nif.
      • You probably already have these installed, just copy and paste them to a new folder that you can do your work in.
      • If you don't have them installed, you can find them in the following downloads:

Once you have everything you need, we can start.

Part One: Setting Up

⭐1AYou should have an outfit you want to refit. We need to make a quick change to the mesh and the best time to do it is now. (If you're making a refit for SE, you can skip step 1A)

• Open the mesh in Nifskope.
  • Find any NiTriShapes that are part of the outfit (ignore any body parts, we'll be deleting them anyway)
  • Expand those NiTriShapes and find the NiTriShapeData
  • In the lower window, find Consistency Flags and set it to CT_MUTABLE if it's not already.
  • Save the .nif and close it.

🌙 If your mesh has both a _0 and _1, you only have to do it for the _1. If it only has a single .nif then just use the one it has.

Spoiler

Guide6.thumb.png.c4531552ad7c190050d6b978238578ad.png

⭐ 1B. Before we start working in BodySlide for the first time, we need to change the reference skeleton that Bodyslide/Outfit Studio is using.

1. Open BodySlide 
  2. Click on Settings in the lower right of the window.
  3. At the bottom where it says Reference Skeleton, you need to direct it to the skeleton that you're using.
  4. Press OK.
Spoiler

Guide1.png.d467455fef9970ccd60ab73a6b7e934b.png

Part Two: Importing SAM Body Parts into Outfit Studio

After you've set the reference Skeleton, open up Outfit Studio (next to the settings button.)

🌙 Earlier, you downloaded malebody_1.nif, malehands_1.nif, and malefeet_1.nif. We have to figure out which body parts we need to use for the refit.

• If you're refitting a Nonrevealing Outfit for SAM Full or SAM Light, you need SAMBody.
  • If you're refitting a Revealing Outfit for SAM Full (where the genitals will be showing), you need SAMBody. You don't need any genitals.
  • If you're refitting a Revealing Outfit for SAM Light (where the genitals will be showing), you need SAMBody, SAMGenitals, and SAMForeskin.
  • If you're refitting an Outfit where the body is 100% covered, then you need SAMBody (as a reference only.)
  • If you're refitting gloves, you need SAMBody (as a reference only.)
    • If the gloves have such a design where the hands will be visible, you also need SAMHands (if using high poly, you can keep or delete the fingernails, up to you)
  • If you're refitting boots, you need SAMBody (as a reference only.)
    • If the boots have such a design where the feet will be visible, you also need SAMFeet (if using high poly, you can keep or delete the toenails, up to you)
  • If you're refitting an accessory that does not go into the main body slot, you need SAMBody (as a reference only.)

⭐2AYou can see that in every case, we need SAMBody. We have to import it and set it as the reference for the project no matter what we're doing.

1. Drag malebody_1.nif into your Outfit Studio window (or go to File > Import From Nif and select malebody_1.nif)
    • If you're using the SAMLight body, it will come with genitals. Follow the guidelines above to determine whether or not you need to keep or delete the genitals.
  2. Right click "SAMBody" in the upper right window and press "Set Reference"
  3. You might need more body parts depending on what you're trying to do. I left the guidelines above so that you can decide. Delete any shapes that are not needed by right clicking them in the upper right window and pressing "Delete."
Spoiler

Guide2.png.64ff4d8c12f9302aa88a4c95176ab0af.pngGuide3.png.65bab36baa0b57bad1d852d3cec0b339.png

Part Three: Importing the .tri file

⭐3ANow we have SAMBody in outfit studio, set as the reference. You might also have other body parts in there, depending on what you needed.

1. Go to the top of the outfit studio window, and look for Slider> Import Tri Morphs.
  2. Import the SAMNormal.tri or SAMHighPoly.tri that I attached at the beginning of this guide. You need to use the correct one for the body type you are using. 
  3. You'll notice sliders appear in the lower right window. 
  4. Click the pencil icon next to each slider one at a time. Check that the body is morphing properly with the sliders.
    • If you see anything strange happening, you either used the wrong body or the wrong .tri file.
Spoiler

Guide4.png.e782a77b7970d79fe5b3b1ce90a30076.pngGuide5.png.b460c13c8ebc0e179e51ee3577c66e18.png

If everything looks normal, then you're ready to move on.

Part Four: Doing the refit

⭐4A. Now we're ready to begin the actual "Refitting" part.

• Import the outfit you're working with into the Outfit Studio window (the same one you checked the consistency flag on earlier)
  • If it came with any body parts, delete them.
    • If the outfit is separated into pieces, you can also delete any pieces you don't want.

Now you should have your SAM body parts, and the outfit you're trying to refit together in Outfit Studio.

⭐4B. We need to use the tools to adjust the outfit so that it fits the body, without any sliders activated.

1. Click on the names of the shapes that are part of the outfit in the upper right window, and use the tools to adjust the fit.
    • You can CTRL + Click multiple shapes to adjust them all together.
    • Make sure you aren't clicked onto any body parts or you will change the shape of the body as you work.
  2. Once you're satisfied with the way it looks, use CTRL + Click to select all the shapes which are part of the outfit (Do NOT select SAM body parts (Body, Hands, Feet, or Genitals)
  3. Now go to Slider > Conform Selected
Spoiler

Guide7.thumb.png.aae8d259c8af8cdeb8451946859ef89a.pngGuide8.thumb.png.c93d5653afbe8a9f855f14e5c7512cbf.png

⭐4C. Now that it's conformed, you will notice that the outfit is moving with the sliders when you activate them. But there will probably be some clipping when you activate the Samson and Samuel sliders.

Now we have to improve the fit while each slider is activated, one at a time.

1. Click the pencil icon next to a slider, and while the slider is purple, use the tools again to fix the outfit, just like before.
  2. When you're done with one slider, deactivate it and move to the next. Do this for Weight 1 to 0, Samson, and Samuel.
  3. When you're finished, deactivate all the sliders.

🌙 Do NOT conform the mesh again after this step. If you do, you will have to redo this part over again.

Spoiler

Guide9.thumb.png.5a8c38ea69470d0480c512e5e25c3b56.png

After this step, you should be satisfied with how the outfit fits on the body. Now we'll need to do some labeling and organizing.

Part Five: Filing

In order to make this refit compatible with SAM, we need to do a bit of filing work.

⭐5A. We have set SAMBody as the reference for this project. The first thing you need to consider is whether or not you're going to need the reference in your final mesh. There's many ways you can figure this out. First of all, if the outfit you tried to refit had its own body inside when you first opened it up, it probably means you need to include a body in the final mesh. If it did not, it probably means you don't need to include one.

But here are some guidelines you can follow anyway:

• If you're refitting an outfit that goes on the main body slot, where any part of the body will be visible, then you need SAMBody.
  • If you're refitting an outfit that goes on the main body slot, where the body is completely covered by the outfit, then you do not need SAMBody.
  • If you're refitting gloves or boots, you do not need SAMBody
  • If you're refitting any accessory item, you do not need SAMBody

Now that you know whether or not you need the reference, we can continue.

🌗5B1If you need SAMBody in the final mesh:

1. Right click on the SAMBody name, and select Properties
  2. Navigate to the Extra Data  tab
  3. A NiStringExtraData named BODYTRI should already be there.

🌓5B2If you don't need SAMBody in the final mesh:

1. Right click on a shape that will be part of the final mesh (so basically anything other than SAMBody) and select Properties
  2. Navigate to the Extra Data tab
  3. Press Add, a NiStringExtraData should be added.
  4. Underneath where it says Name, type BODYTRI

🌘 5CNow, whether you needed SAMBody or not, you need to follow this step:

• Under where it says Value, we need to add a path which leads to the .tri file for this outfit. 
    • We haven't made the .tri file yet, but we will in the next steps.
    • You should anticipate naming the .tri file after the same thing as your outfit's .nif. So for example, if our outfit was Undies_1.nif, we will name our .tri file Undies.tri.
    • Start copying the path to your armor from after the meshes folder, and add the name of your future .tri file at the end.
Spoiler

Guide14.thumb.png.3fc739f984c0965c90f088bbb9d89d87.png

When you're done, press OK.

🌙 Now we can export our .nifs, but again the steps depend on whether you need SAMBody or not.

🌗 5D1. If you don't need SAMBody

1. Go to File > Export to Nif
  2. Overwrite the _1.nif of whatever you're trying to refit. (If it only had one mesh rather than a _0 and a _1, then just overwrite that mesh.)
  3. Toggle the Weight 1 to 0 slider
  4. Go to File> Export to Nif
  5. Overwrite the _0.nif of the outfit (if there is one, or if you want to make one)
  6. Deactivate the slider again. Go to Slider > Export Tri Morphs
  7. Export the .tri file with the same name we chose for the path earlier, and save it in that same location.
  8. You have exported the _0.nif, the _1.nif, and the .tri. You're finished with the refit.

🌓 5D2If you need SAMBody

1. Go to File > Export to Nif with Reference
  2. Overwrite the _1.nif of the outfit. (If it only had one mesh rather than a _0 and a _1, then just overwrite that mesh.)
  3. Toggle the Weight 1 to 0 slider
  4. Go to File> Export to Nif with Reference
  5. Overwrite the _0.nif of the outfit (if there is one, or if you want to make one)
  6. Deactivate the slider again. You have just a little bit more work to do.

Spoiler

Guide12.thumb.png.77e9d695253bf12779693eb49479b5bc.png

Guide15.thumb.png.a468b79a2d6d5f11b8dc1a90ae6894f5.png

⭐5E. Now we have exported the _0.nif (if necessary) and the _1.nif We still have to export the .tri file. These next steps might seem stupid, but you have to do them anyway. I won't explain why because it'll just make things more confusing.

1. Find your reference shape, SAMBody. Right click it and select Set Reference
    • It was already set as the reference, so this will unset it.
  2. Go to Slider > Import Tri Morphs and import the "SAM.tri or SAMHighPoly.tri" that you started the tutorial with.
  3. Go to Slider > Export Tri Morphs
  4. Export the .tri file with the same name we chose for the path earlier, and save it in that same location.
Spoiler

Guide13.thumb.png.02671d3e51bf2c081441204248e07752.pngGuide16.thumb.png.1917676a7b6f31f192fb5534dff70d5e.png

You have exported the _0, the _1, and the .tri. You're finished with the refit... UNLESS you were refitting a Revealing Outfit for SAM Full, then you have one more thing to do.

🌙 5F*If that's the case, you need to go and find an armor with a SAMRevealing NiTriShape in it. 

• You can find it in any of the skimpy/modular armors available in the SAM Main download
    1. Open up the armor with the SAMRevealing shape
    2. Open up your _0 and _1 nifs. 
    3. Copy the SAMRevealing branch into both your refit.
    4. Expand SAMRevealing, and look for BSLightingShaderProperties, click on it.
    5. In the lower window, look for Alpha
    6. Change the alpha from 0 to 1.
    7. Do this for both the _0 and _1 meshes of your refit.
    8. Save them, and now you're officially finished.
Spoiler

tutorial14.thumb.png.b06ef235e3f3e60bd0222788022256bd.pngTutorial15.thumb.png.519bf7c87cebf1b5e80a9d6f799b2d21.png

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and if available, I'll do what I can to try and help. Like I said, I have no background in this- all I know about is what I've experienced. I won't be able to have an answer for everything.

Below this part of the guide I'll be adding some additional techniques that you can and should look at once you feel comfortable following the main guide. Good luck!

Changelog

Spoiler
  • Added SAMHighPolywithToenails.tri for use with V1 and V2 of the high poly body, if you're using those versions instead of the original version with invisible toenails, use this .tri file.

Edited by air
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

Additional Techniques

? I didn't want to make the guide longer and more confusing by adding in every little thing you can do differently in between the important steps. The main part of the guide has everything you need to complete a basic refit from start to finish. This section will have some extra tips which will complicate the process, but allow you to make better refits. After you're comfortable with the general process, you can try some of the techniques here.

Selecting a Reference for your gloves and boots

⭐So in the first part of the guide, I kind of told a lie when I said you need to use SAMBody as a reference when you're refitting gloves and boots. (I told a couple lies just to keep things simple ?)

When you're refitting gloves or boots, you need a reference but it doesn't necessarily have to be SAMBody. There are some situations where using SAMHands or SAMFeet as a reference works better.

Spoiler

techniques1.png.f7657fbaa0819f0f30961f56d0a04b10.pngtechniques2.png.f986615ee9dce5494442a0a33c88f73a.png

If you decide to use SAMHands as the reference, the steps might change depending on whether or not you need SAMHands in the final mesh. I already wrote how you can figure out whether you'll need it or not. If you don't need it, you can follow the guide the same way. If you do need it, then you need to follow the tutorial differently because in this case, you need the reference. You'll have to follow steps 5B1, 5D2, and 5E (just imagine SAMHands in place of SAMBody where the guide says it)

Boots follow exactly the same concept as gloves, there's no need to explain it separately.

Copying the physics of the HDT body to the armor

⭐ If you used the HDT body for your refit, you probably also want the armor you refitted to move the same way that the body does, otherwise the body will clip through the armor when it's jiggling and such. If you plan to do this, you need to do it while SAMBody is still the reference (So I would advise to do it before reaching Part 5 of the main guide)

1. First of all, you need to be using the HDT body in your refit (obviously)
  2. Use CTRL+ Click to select all the shapes of your outfit except any SAM body parts.
  3. Navigate to the "Bones" tab, and use CTRL + Click to select "NPC Belly, NPC L Breast, NPC L Butt, NPC R Breast, and NPC R Butt.
  4. With everything selected, click on Shape> Copy Selected Weights and press OK.
  5. Now you can continue on with the guide as normal.
Spoiler

Techniques5.png.b9749a24ba41e103abe834d1ea8e09d7.pngTechniques6.png.e1351cc1fad4dedf70d1e69a4a93b3e4.png

Deleting Parts of the body (or outfit) mesh

⭐ When a large part of the body is going to be hidden underneath an armor, you might want to just delete that part of the body instead of trying to fix the mesh over it. It will make a cleaner and better-looking refit.

For this, it's really important to do it at exactly between the right steps. If you want to delete parts of the body, you should follow these steps, after step 5E2 and it must be done before step 5E3

• To be clear, this is the point where you have unset SAMBody as the reference, and have imported the SAMNormal.tri/SAMHighPoly.tri the second time. 
  • Also, if you know you're going to remove parts of the body ahead of time, you can take that into consideration while you are doing Part 4. You won't need to touch the mesh very much if you're going to be deleting part of the body underneath anyway.

Anyway, to do this:

1. Find the Mask Vertices tool at the top of Outfit Studio
  2. There are some situations where you might also need to deactivate the Mirror Edit tool (for example, in an asymmetrical armor where the left arm will be showing so you only want to remove the right arm)
    • You may also find the Vertex Edit mode useful.
  3. Expand the brush settings because you will probably need to use them for this. Adjust them while you work.
  4. With SAMBody selected, Mask the parts of the body which are covered by the armor or clothing. It helps to put the clothing in wireframe mode first (click the eyeball next to its shape name)
  5. Alt+Clicking will undo the mask in the area you click, incase you mask too much.
  6. Press CTRL + I to invert the mask. Then right click on the SAMBody shape name and Delete Vertices.
  7. If you need to delete more, you can repeat this process. If you took too much away then unfortunately you need to start over this step completely.
  8. Once you're happy with your deletions, we need to export the _1.nif and _0.nif again. There shouldn't be a reference shape anymore so you can export them without reference.
  9. Continue with step 5E3 as normal.
Spoiler

Techniques3.png.c588a99b54bfde11862138e63498acc0.pngTechniques4.png.e2a324327fecc5cb1759b2a7c7a85044.png

? You can do this process with the armor/clothing itself as well if there are parts you want to remove. The timing of when you decide to do it becomes more flexible in that case (you could do it as soon as you import the outfit, for example.) Just know that the .tri file needs to be exported again after you delete any vertices.

Enabling the Weight Slider when it's disabled

⭐ Sometimes you'll want to refit something that doesn't have a weight slider enabled. You'll know because it'll only have one mesh to work with rather than both a _0 and a _1. You're not required to add one, but since we can make the _0.nif so easily following this method, you might feel like enabling the weight slider.

For this you need TES5Edit or SSEEdit depending on whether your esp is for LE or SE, of course. You can also use the Creation Kit but I try to avoid opening the creation kit whenever I don't have to.

1. Expand your armor's .esp in TES5Edit/SSEEdit. 
  2. Look for the Armor Addon section.
  3. Find the armor you're trying to refit.
  4. Once you have it selected, look in the right window for "Weight slider- Male". Double click the blank space next to it slowly, and a drop down box will appear.
  5. Select the checkbox next to "Enabled"
Spoiler

Techniques7.png.80506f1f4429fce1fc75790255a32dc2.png

⭐ After that, you need to check the name of the Male world model

• Check the Male world model to see what the name of the file is. If it doesn't end with _1 you need to add it in. If it was already using _1 then you can leave it, it's fine.
Spoiler

Techniques8.png.15376585eb88a7a6efa7aec3cb232ccb.png

? Exit and save the changes to the .esp (Make sure to have a backup.) Keep in mind that once you enable the weight slider, your refit needs to have a _1 and _0 mesh for it to work.

Fixing any random gaps that appear on the arms or legs, or genitals 

⭐ You might eventually encounter an armor where, after you finish refitting it, you get in game and find your character with large chunks of their forearms or calves missing.This is a slot issue that you need to fix in both the .esp and the meshes (I think for SE meshes, you only have to fix it in the .esp? But don't quote me on that.) 

We'll be using TES5Edit/SSEEdit for this. Again, you can do it in the CK but I'd rather not.

1. While you were checking in-game, you should figure out which armor piece is causing the gap to appear so you know where to look and don't end up changing something which doesn't need to be changed.
  2. Open TES5Edit or SSEEdit and expand the armor's .esp. Find the entry you're looking for and fix the slots. If the problem was with the forearm, check for an assigned forearm slot and remove it. The same applies for the calves.
  3. Do this for both "Armor" and "Armor Addon"
  4. Exit and save the .esp, make sure to have a backup.
  5. Open the mesh of the armor and check for a BSDismemberProperty on its (non body part) shapes. If you find one, check the partitions for the same problems and fix it.

? This same concept applies to missing genitals and slot 52 (with Full SAM) 

Spoiler

techniques9.thumb.png.cbd69e1f558eb9e63c0f2dc3211427ce.pngtechniques10.thumb.png.1e9d2e88b7b76e9a5fdc24f7fa5a2536.png

Edited by air
  • Upvote 8

i'm not modding skyrim anymore, but i can tell you had a lot of work to write this one. Good job ?

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2019 at 11:28 PM, tu199213 said:

谢谢大佬!可惜看不懂英文~

I'm sorry, I wish I could provide a translation ?

9 minutes ago, KenshiNok678 said:

Thank you so much for the guide! It works perfectly for me ^^

Great! I'm glad to hear that it worked for you :)

I see you made the perfect guide after all <3 thank you so much for the updated guide and all the help you gave me already!

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for sharing this, does this guide work for special edition?:)

6 hours ago, Yazawa said:

Thanks so much for sharing this, does this guide work for special edition?:)

Oh I saw you mentioned SE in this guide, I guess it's a yes.  thank you.

3 hours ago, Yazawa said:

Oh I saw you mentioned SE in this guide, I guess it's a yes.  thank you.

Yep, the process is basically the same with SE. There are some small differences when you're refitting for SAM Light versus SAM Full (which isn't available for SE) but I've pointed those out in the guide. Good luck!

• Like 2

A question about the  parte between 5e2 and 5e3,the deleting of not shown SAMBODY parts : do I need to export the nifs again?if yes,do they need to be exported without reference?

7 minutes ago, EsperAngel said:

A question about the  parte between 5e2 and 5e3,the deleting of not shown SAMBODY parts : do I need to export the nifs again?if yes,do they need to be exported without reference?

Yes, you'll need to export them again. I'll add that in since it's not clear. 

By this step the body should be unset as the reference, so there should be no reference shape and you can export without reference. :)

• Hyper! 1

Posted (edited)

Cool Tutorial

I have 2 things you could do that would save you time and really make it easier to do multiple outfits in one sitting. 

If you're lazy like me, You'd probably want to Set up a Bodyslide reference for SAM so that you can load it in from OS without having to do all the work of importing the TRI file. You could also Save the project as a bodyslide file and batch build in Bodyslide with Morphs Ticked for it (Now Tested and working!). It gives you the same result, but shaves the time doing the Tri work and doing the _0 mesh, as Bodyslide does it for you.

For anyone looking for a Bodyslide Reference for loading in - I made one for SAM Light ( SE - High Poly & Cut) With References Replaced and set up to have SAM show up as the first reference to load in for a file. The RefTemplates is specifically set up for CBBE SE and SAM Light SE, You'll need to edit it if you're using UUNP/Touched by Dibella for your females or to add in your specific SAM version.

The References !!

The process to Creating a Bodyslide reference file for other SAM versions is pretty simple:

1. New Project 
  2. Select Clear Reference
  3. Hit Next and Select the MaleBody_1 in Actors/Character/Character Assets
  4. You can import the .Tri File for the Version of SAM you need... @air has them above for you to use.
  5. Then Save As... Keep all the options the same. 
    1. Rinse and Repeat for each SAM part (Genitals incuded)
  6. In Bodyslide you can add them to the SAM group I created, which should let them use the SAM Base Preset I made, which is set up to give you the generated _0 and _1 weight nifs respectively

To Utilize it to refit Armors

1. New Poject
  2. Use the SAM reference or Navigate to the OSP file for your SAM Reference in CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets, Make sure the SAMBODY/SAMHANDS/SAMFEET are the ones chosen as references.
  3. Hit Next, Navigate to your Armor's folder and select the _1 versions
    1. Note: if importing References, you will lose all but the body/Hands/Feet Reference (so... Genitals/Claws/Nails/Etc.)
    2. If you need the Fingernails or Penis, you will need to import those in and Reload the .Tri file for all parts, but this method is still more efficient and easier to use as you are only doing this once for your outfits.
  4. You can continue refitting The armor to SAM as normal.
    1. Some Quick Tips. One method I use to cull away the body in Fallout 4 is the ZAP slider, This slider gives me the ability to cull away the body without actually culling away the body, which can allow you to save time if you make a mistake. If there's a request, I can possibly stream or make a video on ZAP sliders for those interested.
  5. Before you do anything, You'll need to double click the SAMBody/Feet/Hand and make sure  you delete the NIStringExtraData that points to the Tri file. You do not need to do anything else or add anything, as Bodyslide will add the Tri file and link the NiStringExtraData to your meshes when it builds your project, provided you follow the steps.
  6. Instead of Exporting the TRI out and that long ass process, Hit Save As..
    1. If you need the Body in the Armor - Just Save it down after naming the project
    2. If you don't need the body, you can untick the "Copy Reference Shape into Output" Box 
    3. If you followed step 3 correctly the output folder should point to the armor's original location and have the armor's original name. IF you didn't follow Step 3, you will need to put the Name of the armor's mesh (Truncate the _0/1) and the location of the mesh, following the Template OS shows
  7. Rinse and Repeat
  8. Open up Bodyslide
  9. Navigate to your SAM project, You can add them to the SAM Base Group which will let you use the SAM Base Preset
  10. From there you Can Tick "Build Morphs" and batch build your SAM armor refits or Build them without much work. It should build your armor and give you the Same .Tri File you need for SAM's Morphing abilities as well as shave time off repeating everything for the _0 weights. You can even Make Multiple items, Assign them to the SAM Group and Batch Build multiple armors for SAM compatibility. 

I'll probably put together a video for those who need one.. cause it's long winded. 

Edited by The Bottomhood of Steel
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

I have experienced problems with some armors, If I do the refitting part without editing any slider(samson, samuel...etc) after conform the selected parts for an armor that needs SAMBody in the final mesh, the refit ingame looks good, exactly it looks in outfit studio, but if I do that editing the sliders for fix some clippings after conform it, the armor ingame looks with a lot of clipping totally different how it looks in outfit studio, why it happens that?

22 minutes ago, KenshiNok678 said:

I have experienced problems with some armors, If I do the refitting part without editing any slider(samson, samuel...etc) after conform the selected parts for an armor that needs SAMBody in the final mesh, the refit ingame looks good, exactly it looks in outfit studio, but if I do that editing the sliders for fix some clippings after conform it, the armor ingame looks with a lot of clipping totally different how it looks in outfit studio, why it happens that?

Sorry, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding. But usually, if it looks like it's working in outfit studio but then doesn't work properly in the game, it means there is an issue somewhere related to the .tri file. If you can share some pictures of the issue or send me the mesh you're working on and maybe I can look at it and try to see what the problem is.

What a great guide for sam user. This guide sure will help users so they can refit their favorite outfit.

• Thanks 1

I can't even begin to explain how much this helped. Thank you for taking the time to make this!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your nice guide and kind support!

20190519015647_1.jpg

20190519015230_1.jpg

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Thanks 1

sometimes when I delet the masked parts of sambody,using the slider to go from _1 to _0 won't morf the armor/clothing,and the SAM sliders won't morf the equipment either

1 hour ago, EsperAngel said:

sometimes when I delet the masked parts of sambody,using the slider to go from _1 to _0 won't morf the armor/clothing,and the SAM sliders won't morf the equipment either

you have to conform before doing this step

51 minutes ago, air said:

you have to conform before doing this step

so the sequence would be :
everything until 5E2
deletion of hidden body parts
conform meshes
save nif _1,slider to nif _0
export tri
is this correct?

2 minutes ago, EsperAngel said:

so the sequence would be :
everything until 5E2
deletion of hidden body parts
conform meshes
save nif _1,slider to nif _0
export tri
is this correct?

No, it should have already been conformed before reaching 5E2. Doing it again would reset your work.

Follow to 5E2 as normal, unset the body as reference, import the .tri file again, and eveything should be following the sliders properly.

At this point, you can delete the parts of the body as you please. When you're finished, export the _1 and the _0 and the .tri

2 minutes ago, air said:

No, it should have already been conformed before reaching 5E2. Doing it again would reset your work.

Follow to 5E2 as normal, unset the body as reference, import the .tri file again, and eveything should be following the sliders properly.

At this point, you can delete the parts of the body as you please. When you're finished, export the _1 and the _0 and the .tri

I do the conform step,but when lots of body is missing (as for armors that only show the neck and arms) when I use the 1 to 0 slider the armor doesn't follow the body

4 minutes ago, EsperAngel said:

I do the conform step,but when lots of body is missing (as for armors that only show the neck and arms) when I use the 1 to 0 slider the armor doesn't follow the body

That's weird, it should be working 🤔

Is it all working properly before you start 5E1?

If so, then try exporting a .tri file before this step (while the body is still set as reference) and then at 5E2, import both this tri file and the provided tri file. Maybe it will work.

• Upvote 1

Just now, air said:

That's weird, it should be working 🤔

Is it all working properly before you start 5E1?

If so, then try exporting a .tri file before this step (while the body is still set as reference) and then at 5E2, import both this tri file and the provided tri file. Maybe it will work.

yup I tested the sliders on a backup copy I made before deleting parts
I'm gonna try this asap and let you know :)