Jump to content
  • Create an account

    Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
EsperAngel

Help with accessories

Recommended Posts

I've converted and retextured some socks,and put them in game assigning them to equipment slot 53.While do they do show up fine and all,there's still feet and ankles and stuff underneath and they clip badly of course.
Is there a way to have the socks assigned to slot 53 and have the game remove the feet as if I equipped something in slot 37(which removes feet and is commonly assigned to footwear)?I want to be able to wear them with boots so slot 37 needs to stay off-limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, EsperAngel said:

I've converted and retextured some socks,and put them in game assigning them to equipment slot 53.While do they do show up fine and all,there's still feet and ankles and stuff underneath and they clip badly of course.
Is there a way to have the socks assigned to slot 53 and have the game remove the feet as if I equipped something in slot 37(which removes feet and is commonly assigned to footwear)?I want to be able to wear them with boots so slot 37 needs to stay off-limits.

Sorry for late response.

You can and have to assign different slots in armor itself (to which slot the outfit is to occupy while equipped) and in armor add-on (to which slot(s) the outfit is to hide while equipped) respectively, at least in theory.

To give an easy example, vanilla monk boots, ClothesMonkBoots "Boots" [ARMO:000BACD7], is to use only slot 37 while hiding both slot 37 and 38, as specified in  MonkBootsAA [ARMA:000BAD02].

 

Then, if more than one outfit try to occupy the same armor add-on (i.e. visual) slot individually, how such a conflict can be handled in the actual game? 

The key is DNAM>Male (or Female) Priority Value(s) in armor add-on (ARMA) data: MonkBootsAA was set this value (DNAM>Male Priority) as 10. It means that MonkBootsAA will win the conflict and appear as long as other conflicting outfit(s) only have lower value. To given such an example, YarlTorso01SleevesAA [ARMA:131B3517] for Balgruuf's noble cloth is also to hide slot 38 (calves), but only has 5 male priority value so monk boots will hide the calve part of the jarl's attire. 

 

I suppose that this kind of trick will also work for your socks if you set this priority value low (less than 5, to be hidden under the clothes, but to win the conflict with the NakedFeet [ARMA:00000D6E] with male priority value 0). 

 

I also afraid, however, that you may also have to tweak the mesh's assigned slot(s) partition with Nifskope or other software, found in NiTriShape>BSDismemberSkinInstance>Partitions. As for this part, my knowledge is really limited, sorry. 

Edited by y_sengaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, y_sengaku said:

Sorry for late response.

You can and have to assign different slots in armor itself (to which slot the outfit is to occupy while equipped) and in armor add-on (to which slot(s) the outfit is to hide while equipped) respectively, at least in theory.

To give an easy example, vanilla monk boots, ClothesMonkBoots "Boots" [ARMO:000BACD7], is to use only slot 37 while hiding both slot 37 and 38, as specified in  MonkBootsAA [ARMA:000BAD02].

 

Then, if more than one outfit try to occupy the same armor add-on (i.e. visual) slot individually, how such a conflict can be handled in the actual game? 

The key is DNAM>Male (or Female) Priority Value(s) in armor add-on (ARMA) data: MonkBootsAA was set this value (DNAM>Male Priority) as 10. It means that MonkBootsAA will win the conflict and appear as long as other conflicting outfit(s) only have lower value. To given such an example, YarlTorso01SleevesAA [ARMA:131B3517] for Balgruuf's noble cloth is also to hide slot 38 (calves), but only has 5 male priority value so monk boots will hide the calve part of the jarl's attire. 

 

I suppose that this kind of trick will also work for your socks if you set this priority value low (less than 5, to be hidden under the clothes, but to win the conflict with the NakedFeet [ARMA:00000D6E] with male priority value 0). 

 

I also afraid, however, that you may also have to tweak the mesh's assigned slot(s) partition with Nifskope or other software, found in NiTriShape>BSDismemberSkinInstance>Partitions. As for this part, my knowledge is really limited, sorry. 

Thanks for answering!
I do know how to set partitions,it's done easily in outfitstudio or nifskope.
So if I  assign the socks to slot 37(feet,same as footwear) and then lower the priority to less than 5,they will be able to be worn together with other items using the same slot,and show whwnever the higher priority item is removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EsperAngel said:

Thanks for answering!
I do know how to set partitions,it's done easily in outfitstudio or nifskope.
So if I  assign the socks to slot 37(feet,same as footwear) and then lower the priority to less than 5,they will be able to be worn together with other items using the same slot,and show whwnever the higher priority item is removed?

Yup, I suppose so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lowered priority to 2 and set them to slot 37 in both nif and esp,but when I equip the socks the boots are removed -.-' any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EsperAngel said:

I've lowered priority to 2 and set them to slot 37 in both nif and esp,but when I equip the socks the boots are removed -.-' any ideas?

  • Armor (ARMO): Slot 53 (only)
  • Armor Add-on: Slot 53+Slot 37 [+Slot 38]

Sorry for late response, but I'm not sure what you mean with 'removed'.

Does the socks disappear only visually? Or unequipped?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean unequipped.
I made the suggested corrections in the .esp but when I use either boots or socks they unequip each other as if they were different footwear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, EsperAngel said:

I mean unequipped.
I made the suggested corrections in the .esp but when I use either boots or socks they unequip each other as if they were different footwear

Please double-check ARMO record (since unless the slot 37 is specified in both boots and socks you can equip both at the same time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

Please double-check ARMO record (since unless the slot 37 is specified in both boots and socks you can equip both at the same time).

that's where my mystake was! thanks for the pointer.
There's still an issue with priority,I think : now both boots and socks are equipped together,but socks visually overwrite the boots.Do you think I should adjust the priority? I set it to 2,maybe it needs to be an higher number to be overwritten by boots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should set lower priority value for socks (2?) than boots (10?).

If priority setting does not works in spite of this tweak, it means that the mesh slot partition (37/38) for the socks is not assigned correctly in the mesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, y_sengaku said:

You should set lower priority value for socks (2?) than boots (10?).

If priority setting does not works in spite of this tweak, it means that the mesh slot partition (37/38) for the socks is not assigned correctly in the mesh.

would you please take a look?what should I fix in the partitions?
Thank you for all the help you're giving me :)

socks.rar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×