• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

BenHo

Total newb having fun with SAM, got a few questions (Oldrim+SAMcore)

I'll start with the tldr/questions since I'm sure most people aren't looking for my life story:

1: Is it possible to set the race/actor MCM configs for a new game BEFORE starting the new game?

2: Are there any humanoid or more "cartoony" head mods for the khajiit and argonians which work with both SAM and the games NPCs?

I'm a long time fan of "bara" from the old days of 4chan's /y/ board, but I'm just getting into both Skyrim and game modding. I've been installing SAM and a bunch of it's add-ons for the past few days and I've been having a lot of fun (despite not moving past the intro scene; everything must be perfect) but I have a few questions...

1: Is it possible to set the race/actor MCM configs for a new game BEFORE starting the new game? It's not a matter of immersion. Rather, I'm wanting to stream a playthrough of a heavily modded version of this game with my straight besty, and I want him to have an idea what he's in for from the start.

2: Are there any humanoid or more "cartoony" head mods for the khajiit and argonians which work with both SAM and the games NPCs? I'm not bothered by furries/anthros/whatever you wanna call them, but the default faces for the beast races are a bit too "real" for me to find attractive, and I don't want any of the realestate being occupied by unsexy dudes.

1 hour ago, BenHo said:

1: Is it possible to set the race/actor MCM configs for a new game BEFORE starting the new game?

not before starting a new game of course, but if you mean before starting Helgen, you could use a mod like Alternate Start to give yourself a chance to configure your MCMs before anything happens. IIRC, you won't notice any changes you made in the actors until after you get off the carriage because SAM holds off until then.

That's ... interesting? I'll have to test it out a bit on my own to see how it works, but having the population randomly pop into beefcake mode once the prisoner gets off the cart might be comedic enough.

Sorry, I know it's against forum etiquette to doublepost, but I can't find a way to edit my previous post? I've installed Alternate Start as you suggested and like you said the bodies pop in after getting off the carriage (though I've tried it a few times and sometimes only SOME of the characters will change ... it's weird. Thankfully I can still go into the actor tab and fix the ones who didn't). Right now, the only problem I seem to be having is the butt/boob/belly sliders. For reference, I used THIS guide when setting up my mods and my current loadout is pictured in the attachment. I'm also not sure if the jiggle physics are working, but I know the BBB for SAM mod is more subtle looking anyway. 

Again, sorry for the double post, I just literally can't figure out how to edit the previous one and I figured it's better than starting a whole other thread.

Untitled-1.png

You'd be able to tell if it's working or not, it's noticeable enough. Try testing when the character is nude.

So after a bit of fiddling, I found that jiggle DOES work, but only when I'm completely naked. Also, the SAM Extra Hairy Furball mod only seems to work with some of the armors and nakedness. Certain armors revert it back to the regular furball texture. I'm also still clueless about getting the glute, belly, and breasts sliders to work.

As a side question, is it normal for my dude to be constantly hard? I'm a total beginner when it comes to both Skyrim and SAM so I'm clueless.

Cartoony head mods: I don't know of any, but if they exist, there's a good chance that they will work with SAM. The worst that could happen are neck gaps, really.

Racemenu sliders: They don't work well with SAM or any male body mod in general. SAM has its own set of sliders in its MCM, maybe try playing with those as well.

No jiggle when dressed: Not all clothing mods support hdt physics. It's usually stated in the mod descriptions if they do.

Always hard: while SAM provides the schlongs, it doesn't come with logic for them. They're basically just there. You can use mods like Sexlab Aroused Redux and/or FloppySOS to add some interactivity.

Yeah, I don't mind a potential seam here or there. I'm just a little bummed that I can't find any overhauls for the beast races that actually fit my aesthetic.

I played with the different settings in the MCM and I've been finding combinations I like, but I know I saw some people on the forum with wild slider options on their dudes. I'm guessing they used a mod that was meant for female NPCs and found some way to apply it to males instead. Ah well, if I can't figure it out it's not that big of a deal.

Now that I at least know the physics are working when paired with outfits that actually support it, I'm not as bothered. I would really like to find a way to get the Extra Hairy mod to show through however cuz I'm a freak and I wanna floss my teeth with that shit.

I'm assuming FloppySOS is compatible with SAM and just makes it ... floppy? If so, that's good enough for my needs. I'm ironically not that interested in installing actual sex mods, I just want to fill my game with eye candy. I'll have to re-output the FNIS files when I add floppysos, right? Also, does it matter where I place it in relation to other mods on my MO list?

Yeah, I don't mind a potential seam here or there. I'm just a little bummed that I can't find any overhauls for the beast races that actually fit my aesthetic.

Creating heads from scratch appears to be a lot of hard work, so people have stuck to optimising the vanilla meshes.

I would really like to find a way to get the Extra Hairy mod to show through however

It's possible that this is a bug with the clothes/armor. I remember having seen that problem before, but it's either gone from my game or I no longer notice lol

I'm assuming FloppySOS is compatible with SAM and just makes it ... floppy? 

Exactly, it adds some more advanced schlong physics. It is optimised for SOS, but SAM works. Some scaling issues, but nothing deal breaking. Mod page with instructions: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2180-floppysos/

FloppySOS needs to overwrite "hdt physics extentions", otherwise it can go wherever. Keeping it towards the end of your list is a good choice.

Posted (edited)

So I tried a few different versions of FloppySOS and while it did give a bit of jiggle to the donger, it was still permanently boned out, and I couldn't get it to go down no matter how I adjusted the settings. FloppySOS ALSO disables the Extra Hairy Furball texture regardless of where I put it in the list, and it seems to have deleted my character preset and SAM MCM config file, so that's kinda lame. I guess my characters are always just gonna be rock hard with nowhere to "go".

EDIT: Ok, I don't know what happened, but now that I've removed FloppySOS, my characters dick is finally down. I'm gonna try re-installing FloppySOS and see if it actually works now.

EDIT2: Ok, I don't know what happened but now it works KIND OF which is to say my character's actually not erect and there's a little jiggle going on. Also, body hair works again. I have literally no idea what happened.

Edited by BenHo