• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

ajarofmayo

SAM Issues and HDT Physics Extensions "redundant" According to Vortex?

I am a complete noob with all this, but I'll try and explain this as best as I can.

So first things first, I have HDT Physics Extensions installed, but Vortex says that it's redundant? I might have a mod that conflicting with it, but I'm not sure what it is. I have just left HDT enabled in Vortex.

Now once I get into the game, everything loads just fine, and I'm in the Live Another Life cell. But this is where the real problem starts.

I have this other mod: 

that I use with Racemenu. I'm currently trying to play as an orc, but when I go to the "SAM Body" section and mess around with the sliders, my character model glitches out and I'm left with a floating orc head.

As you can see in the video I've included, I attempt to change my character's gender to fix things, but only results in a chalk white body and then a crash. I even reattempted it with HDT disabled, and everything seemed to work fine until I increased the ScroutumSize2 slider. I tried changing my race instead of my gender, but it immediately cashed the second i clicked on one.

I have no idea why this is happening. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Posted (edited)

1. When vortex says the mod is redundant, it means it is completely overwritten by another mod, file by file. Which means you have another mod that already has everything HDTPE has. This however has nothing to do with your problem, because HDT is merely interfering with the physics system.

2. You need to realize that this whole thing with racemenu, sliders and morphs are very unstable and easy to result in glitches and crashes, even running on a high end computer, and the root of whatever each individual encounters can vary greatly from person to person. Problems like these are to be expected, simply because of all the spaghetti codes by Bethesda and the crappy engine it runs on. I doubt there's anything to be done here other than for you to get used to it and not morph bodies to extreme values.

Edited by Kirax