• Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
BenHo

Creating custom followers with SAM bodies

I've been working on setting things up to create some custom followers for myself, and the research has been going pretty well as far as figuring out how to customize the head/face as well as what needs to be done in the CK, but one part I'm still trying to figure out is the body. If I'm understanding correctly, people use "bodyslide" to create custom bodies for custom followers. Is this compatible with the SAM sliders for racemenu? I would really like to be able to give my follower a body that combines both Samual and Samson at higher levels than what the MCM will allow, plus some additional adjustments to height and other proportions provided by the racemenu sliders. Is it possible to pull off and if so how would I go about doing it?

You can export .npc files via console spf abcwhatevername and import this npc file into the CK

The Blueprints mod nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97113 will generate a follower live in-game using your current look. Basically an express minimalist Familiar Faces to instantly make one. This version isnt supported anymore, and it doesnt copy overlays or HDT hair (not sure if FF will either) but its gets the bodytype for npc export

5 hours ago, neutraldude said:

You can export .npc files via console spf abcwhatevername and import this npc file into the CK

This sounds like a promising solution, but I'm stupid and need a bit more clarification on how to pull this console command off.

5 hours ago, neutraldude said:

The Blueprints mod nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97113 will generate a follower live in-game using your current look. Basically an express minimalist Familiar Faces to instantly make one. This version isnt supported anymore, and it doesnt copy overlays or HDT hair (not sure if FF will either) but its gets the bodytype for npc export

I'm not using HDT hair so that part isn't a problem, however I was wanting to use the CK to modify the followers behavior in combat (there are a lot of good healer mods that allow followers to do healing beyond what the vanilla followers can do, but they require scripting in the CK).

Posted (edited)

Cant remember if you can do it on the player, but you can click an npc and open console and type spf abcwhatever  a file with that name is made in the game folder. Its tinting and other info for that NPC you can import in the CK. You still cant go over 100 weight or anything, but its a nice timesaver.

Scripts arent related to healing in AI packages, its just tricky to setup a good one and it needs to be setup right, to not get overridden by another mod, or ignored by the follower. Most ppl just use a framework like FLP to have healers

Edited by neutraldude

On 7/23/2019 at 10:15 AM, neutraldude said:

Cant remember if you can do it on the player, but you can click an npc and open console and type spf abcwhatever  a file with that name is made in the game folder. Its tinting and other info for that NPC you can import in the CK. You still cant go over 100 weight or anything, but its a nice timesaver.

Yeah, I've gathered that it's not possible to actually export a body from Skyrim unfortunately. Even more unfortunately, it seems like the only way to make a custom body for a standalone follower is with bodyslide which is apparently only compatible with a handful of (female) body mods. I've kind of accepted that I can simply use the shout that comes with the SAM-sliders mod to adjust his body once I find him in my game, but I was really hoping I could just have him built fully the way I wanted him. Ah well.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:15 AM, neutraldude said:

Scripts arent related to healing in AI packages, its just tricky to setup a good one and it needs to be setup right, to not get overridden by another mod, or ignored by the follower. Most ppl just use a framework like FLP to have healers

I was looking into follower frameworks as well, but I'm trying to build him as a character who heals while also being a tank via the I am your Shield mod, and I don't know if that mod would work with OR against a healer role assigned by a follower framework but I FEEL like one would override the other (though I'm not sure on that). I was thinking that I could use this method to modify his AI and then pair that with the tank role from the IAYS mod, but that's also just guess work. I'm planning on trying to pair the two on a basic-bitch test follower first before I actually export my dude, but I was trying to see if I could get his body situated as well. Sadly, it seems like I can't.